My Epiphany

by Farkel 40 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

lol.......thought this was a recent thread.....then I saw Maximus' post, then others who used to be here.......wow.......

Why couldnt the mighty Jehovah God make certain that at least ONE of his witnesses had some genuine musical talent and a talent for writing majestic and inspiring lyrics? Do you actually think God LIKES to hear that cacophony sung over-and-over-and-over in 82,000 congregations twice-a-week? Even dubs hate the crap. What must Jehovah think about it, then? He invented music! - farkel

Oh, there are jw's with musical talent - and here's what happens to them:

1. They hide it so that they won't be accused of trying "to make a name for themselves"

2. They leave the WT.

3. They stop fighting the locals and daydream during the songs.

On the other hand we have genuinely inspiring and simply beautiful music to the praise of God like Handels Messiah, Jesu, Joy of Mans Desiring, and Ave Maria. Those songs will bring tears even to the eyes of the most hard-core atheist. Yet, those songs were produced by Babylon the Grape, a group hated and vilified by Watchtower people. - farkel

"O Holy Night" is one of my favorites. Actually, the Catholic High Requiem Masses with a choir are awesome. As a child, I sang in the Catholic choir - we would actually show up for practice on our own time. Most of us really loved to sing at the Masses - "Ave Maria" was always special.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit