My Epiphany

by Farkel 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

Cheeky((((((((((galahman)))))))))))))
    Owyagoin? I sure miss you,I know you're busy and stuff tho....

Handing Unc a sandwich ,big as a small island. luv ya,Owlie

• ros
    ros

Correction to my post above: I said Johnny Green wrote "Love Me or Leave Me". I meant he wrote "Body and Soul". Sorry for the error.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Whenever I moved to a new congregation there was always a sister (usually ancient) who had played the songs for years at the hall.

My wife used to play piano at her hall and at the circuit assemblies. I wouldn't say she was ancient but she was 25 when I met her, so she was getting there.

I remember there was a brother who would "conduct" the audience at the assemblies while she played the song on the piano. Unfortunately he had no sense of rthym and couldn't keep time with the music. He had his little baton and would wave it frantically at the audience. I think he had little Walter Mitty fantasies of being the next Leopold Stakowsky or something. It was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

LOL. Great thread.

ash

• Shakita
    Shakita

I guess we must have had a "quiet" hall--because I remember more than a few "special needs" talks on singing "loudly" our praises to Jehovah. Thought this was such a waste of time. I just wanted to get my kids home and go to bed.

Mrs. Shakita

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Take the kids home........and send them to bed without ice cream?(ashi especially........lol) Ah, the trials of youth.

ash

• Shakita
    Shakita

Sorry, Ashi...............We have alot to make up for. All the Ice Cream you want, our house, this weekend...................

Love, Mom

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

LOLOLOL

That wasn't meant to be a guilt trip. Just another fun thing to remember about the meetings. If you don't sing loud enough, the words right, etc, is a cause for getting in trouble at the hall by the elders.....they are truly bizzarre.

Reminds me of some 'washing to the elbows' thing....

ash

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Farkel,

I couldn't have said it better.

Truly an inspiring thread!

It's a keeper!

Love and Light,

Sentinel

• cellomould
    cellomould

Don't know how I ever missed this one...ROFL!

cellmould

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit