My Mom verified the UN Scandal

by Nosferatu 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hopefully she will realize that the only answer she will get from this point on is: "Stop asking questions! Go study your watchtower!"

From there you have to hope that red-flags will start going up in her head.

• hooberus
  • Purple
    Purple

Oooo what did I miss?? UN scandle??? Do tell enquiring minds want to know!

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

That is terrific news.................every little bit helps. Layering information.

Cheers, Bliss (of the hopeful class)

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Hi Purple...good to meet you. :)

Briefly, (and perhaps not totally accurately!), the UN scandal is that in 1991, the Watchtower applied to the UN to become associated with it as one of its NGOs (Non-Governmental Organization). In doing so, the Tower had to agree to support the UN's charter and publish material regarding UN efforts in humanitarian causes (i.e. help to publicize the UN's good works). An odd thing for God's mouthpiece on earth to do...join up with the Image of the Beast! (or is the UN the Beast itself...or is that the USA??....well, you can see that I haven't studied the Watchtower in awhile! lol) Anyhoo, when the whole thing was brought to light via some super fine apostate(s) ;) using the Internet, the Watchtower withdrew its association with the UN, claiming that when they applied for NGO status, there was no requirement to agree to support the UN's charter ...big lie, of course.

Most rank and file jws still have no idea about this hypocritical, duplicitous action on the part of Mother.

Edited to add that I remember visiting my mom some five years or so ago and picking up an Awake magazine to browse through while waiting for her to get ready so we could go out. I thought...geez...same old crap, different day...talking about the UN...I read a little closer and realized that all over the featured articles were mentions of how the UN has helped this many people this year, saved this many from starvation, set up this many hospitals, etc.... I found this really, really surprising! I thought...hmmm...they must be softening their position on the UN for some reason...I was actually going to mention it to my mom, but I got distracted and later forgot all about it...until I read all about the UN scandal a few years later. Those Awake articles all made sense then.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Could be a beginning. It's significant to me because SHE smells something rotten on her own :)

• jwsons
    jwsons

Ask her how the elders in her congr. feel when they see a Library Card falls off from her pouch with UN symbol on it?

Purple: Click the mouse HERE (the Scandal )

jwsons

• shera
    shera

Nice

• Purple
    Purple

Thanks guys for the explanations and the link which I followed. Luckily the chinese was translated LOL!

Anyway I was in the troof during this time and never heard a word about it, but I am no longer surprised about that. Australia is treated as a colonial outpost by the Borg anyway and we were always the last to hear about things and such. Like I heard at door yesterday that the Borg had come up with this date...1914 and that in.... na only joking we arnt THAT far behind.....or are we??????????

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey Nos...one never knows.

All it takes is one thing to jog their curiosity, then the second and third and countless items re: JW goof-ups, will be more palatable to her.

I'm crossing all appendages for Mom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit