My Mom verified the UN Scandal

by Nosferatu 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I went to my parents' place for supper yesterday. As usual, I got on the subject of the Society. My mother told me that she talked to a friend of hers about the UN thing, and her friend knew about it. She was quite surprised about this. She also re-stated the "Library card" excuse, but she says that there's something not quite right with the whole UN thing. It sounds like she's feeling that information about it is being held back (which it is).

This is a good thing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

slowly but surely - only one way to climb a mountain -- one step at a time!

• Gopher
    Gopher

So far, so good.

Oftentimes JW's will suppress a nagging doubt or two, and fall back on the feeling of being part of a loving brotherhood. But if your mom is on the receiving end of something like gossip or the elders' harsh treatment, maybe that will open the crack wider.

It could be just a matter of time.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

How exciting, Nos! I bet your on pins and needles waiting for the "other shoe to drop!"

Frannie B

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Getting them to verify themselves is half the battle. Usually when I introduce this information to JW, it's outright denials all around and hearty pats on the back for being so strong and resisting apostate literature.

• metatron
    metatron

If you are dealing with this scandal, make sure you get a copy of one or more Awake mags that speak glowingly

about the UN. This was the deal, the compromise - they agreed to do this.

It was so noticable at the time, I had a Bible Study ask why the Society was doing it, given that the UN was a

tool of the Devil. I had no knowledge about what was actually going on back then.

metatron

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    If you are dealing with this scandal, make sure you get a copy of one or more Awake mags that speak glowingly about the UN. This was the deal, the compromise - they agreed to do this.

Thanx for the point Metatron. They have that Awake magazine that is listed on the UN website. I guess they put it in the Awake because this is one article that the JWs can skip reading and get away with it.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

That's good to hear Nos.

Good luck!

~ Paul

• acsot
    acsot

I'm very glad to hear that Nos! I remember that it was a very faithful elder's wife who told me about the UN - she was upset that one of her very best friends had become an apostate over the UN scandal! Hahahaha, if she only knew that her comment was what really got to me, and that I too am now of the proud apostate class! This super-dub also used the library card excuse. So this is a very important step for your mother - it'll weigh on her, slowly but surely.

Congratulations !

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Nos -

This is great news! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Meta -

Excellent idea! I will DEFINITELY do that when talking to my jw parents!

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit