Music You Grew Up With

by Nosferatu 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Whenever people look at my CD collection, they'll come across Blue Oyster Cult, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, etc. But then they'll come across something unusual.

Right now I'm listening to "Kenny Rogers - Ten Years of Gold". My parents had this album, and I loved it. I just had to pick it up to re-capture the childhood memories.

So, is there anything you have in your collection that doesn't really fit what you normally listen to? Something you grew up with?

• shamus
    shamus

Johnny Cash.

Tom Waits.

They just don't fit in with my music but I love them!

I grew up with crappy music... Twisted Sister, etc. I saw Iron Maiden and Twisted Sister live! It was the highlight of my 14 year old life!

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Crystal Gale

• yxl1
    yxl1

Reggae. Hated it then, hate it now

• shamus
    shamus

Yeah,

Raggae sucks. It's so repetitive and boring... I can't stands it!

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

U2, Simple Minds, Tears for Fears...but I loved my mom's stuff too...the Mamas and the Pappas, Peter Paul & Merry....ooo I was one of the those wanna be dead heads in the late 80s...eek

but I do so love the deads music...sigh.....

• Jesika
    Jesika

TOTALLY 80's!!!!!!!!!!!

Bananarama..........Cruel summer..........venus

Skid Row...........18 and Life..........Youth Gone Wild

Pat Benatar........ Hell is for Children.........Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Cindi Lauper...... Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun.........Time After Time

Bon Jovi....... Shot Through The Heart

White Lion......... Children Cry

Many Artists...........We Are The World

Guns-N-Roses..........Welcome To the Jungle

Martika..........Toy Soliders

Am I ageing myself?????

LOL

Jes

anyone else remember these?????

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Jes, I remember them all and have most of them on vinyl.

I saw Sabbath in '90 at a small venue in Cornwall and went to sleep in a snakebite fuelled haze during a Cozy Powell dum solo, and a couple of years later I saw Ugly Kid Joe play at a club in Plymouth, excellant! Bonjovi toured here 2 or 3 years ago and I caught one of their gigs which was cheesy but they played all the old stuff which got alol us late 20's/early 30's crowd going.

My live music pinnacle though has to be in June 03 when I spent a magical 5 days at <a href="www.glastonbury-festivals.co.uk"> Glastonbury festival </a> and saw REM (Micheal Stipe looks old a not very well but was awesome), David Gray and Moby, who was surprisingly good.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I thought html tags were supposed to work here?

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Seasons in the Sun, by Terry Jacks.

POPE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit