So now what?

by Puternut 14 Replies latest social relationships

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Hey,

I'm new too, I guess the saying, "misery loves company," is true in some ways. In reading some of the

posts...I see a very sad and common theme of extreme depression and loneliness. I am very much among

that group, too. I fail to understand how throwing away friends and relatives is very Christian, just because

some one falls or walks away from a religion. After 7 years of separation, then divorce, I remarried a wonderful

woman, they all liked her. Then, just before the wedding I'm informed that no one is coming or will have anything

to do with the wedding. It's been 3 months with no contact from about JW 25 relatives. You see, she wasn't a witness!

My X was told she had NO grounds for divorce, she did it anyway. Since the divorce was not 'scriptual', my marrying

could get me DF. In any case I'm definitely 'marked' and stopped going a few years ago. No action (official) has been

taken, but, my family says I should have remained celibate OR and get this: "only marry in the Lord." Guess how

many dates I could have gotten with JW women? Right...! So-o...'Catch-22,' huh?

I am being pretty much treated like DF.

Does anyone have any experience with stuff like this? What is likely happening right now? What is likely to happen?

One of my relatives...trying her best to explain their actions to a non-witness, said they will continue to talk to me at

regular family gatherings, then more ominously, "unless something changes..."

So, though I am not glad to see others misery, at least don't feel like 'I'm the only one.'

Lee

• Odrade
    Odrade

Welcome Rabbit. Why don't you copy your post into a new thread so others can say hi to ya too? Congrats on your new marriage, shame your family can't be joyful with you. Glad you're here.

Odrade

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome Puternut. You'll find many friends here and a lot of moral support.

After reviewing some of our stories here, you will not feel alone.

cj

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Thank you very much for the congratulations!

I will post it the way you said, this is new, so thanks for the advice!

• Emma
    Emma

Puternut,

Welcome. Though you may seem alone, you're really not. It won't take as much time as you think to have a new family of friends. When leaving the wts, it can be hard to shake their warning that you'll never have real friends again. I now have a chosen family after loosing mine, and friends who love me unconditionally; you will too.

Ask questions; there's no shortage of "advice" here!

Emma

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit