So now what?

by Puternut 14 Replies latest social relationships

• Puternut
    Puternut

Hi all,

I am a new member here and wanted to say hello to all. I am not bitter or angry, just kinda very lost in the shuffle and hope to meet some new people. I am starting my life over and hope to hear from some of you as to what worked for you. Drop me a line? Or respond to my post?

Later,

Ary

• shamus
    shamus

Welcome to the board! Were you recently disfellowshipped, disassosiated, or faded away?

• Puternut
    Puternut

Yes, disfellowshipped for about a year. Lost all my friends and immediate family since they're all JW's. So I am trying to start over and meet new people. I have been through my depressions and still have a few lingering. But life goes on and I need to pick up the pieces.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hi there puternut. Are you a programmer? A few of us on the board are, including Simon who developed the site.

For me I found reading this board and www.freeminds.org helped me feel even more sure that I made the choice never to go back to the Kingdom Hall. I first thought about jumping into another religion or watching a TV preacher, but then after a while I got sick of those thoughts too. It seems that all religions come down to a man (or a group of people) telling you how they think you ought to relate to a Supreme Being. And you know, we've been preached at/threatened often enough by the organization.

It's not easy starting from scratch. For me the key has been to concentrate on the quality of new friends rather than the quantity. I also met some folks from this board by finding out who lived in my home state of Minnesota then organizing an "apostofest" at a Twin Cities restaurant. Meeting up with others who have gone through the same thing was a great stepping-stone to me.

Good luck in your journey.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Not a computer programmer. But know enough to get myself in trouble sometimes with the puter. I just like the gaming part of it such as Simulators and Tomb Raider. I am getting quite a few responses already and looking forward to meet some local friends. Thanks for the encouragements

• Jesika
    Jesika

Hi Puternut,

Welcome to the board!!!

You will find many friends here.....and sooooo many ppl who understand exactly what you are going through.

I hope you stick around and get to know us better.

I was disfellowshipped when I was 15 (I am 28 now)....so I know what you mean by loosing all and everyone you have known.

Talk to you soon,

Jes

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Hi Puternut.

What part of Washington are you in? There are a good number of us in the Seattle area. I am curently in Moses Lake getting ready to move back to the north end. So far, I have done a fade, but because I still have regular contact with friends who also faded, that could change.

Enjoy the site.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hi Puternut. Did you ever post on witnet a few years ago? Your profile sound familiar.

• Puternut
    Puternut

I am in Spokane Washington. But since there's not much here for me anymore, I am thinking about relocating. My immediate family including my two daughters are JW's. I am totally alone....I have been totally cutoff from everyone, and I desperately need to rebuild my life. I am thinking about going south somewhere.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Welcome Puternut. Hope you find happiness.
    CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit