Are the days of the week Pagan?

by shotgun 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

Let's see, 1903.

Harley-Davidson motorcycles came into existence.

The Wright Brothers made the first powered flight.

Henry Ford started the first automobile assembly line production facility.

The Bible Students invented a new calender.

Which of these was to prove to be of most significant in the upcoming 100 years?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Leolaia Great idea. We can have some fun with this.

I've always said the funniest literature to read is what was published by the WTBTS proir to the fifties, though some of the more recent stuff is pretty side splitting as well!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I'm just thinking about the year again. Back in 1903, 1874 was the mark of the last days. If they didn't change that, the year would be as follows:

Last Days 1874: 130

Then they not only change the start of the Last Days, they change the year. Nice and confusing, just how they like it.

I'm thinking too much. I need a beer.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Clayton J. Woodworth (one of the 7 WTS fellows that went to prison with Rutherford) concocted this little gem. He was a space cadet of the first order.

An interesting summary of a few of his numerous bizarre ideas is at http://www.premier1.net/~raines/intro.html

By comparison, the Calendar was relatively benign.

Craig

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    So, today is Lifeday, Redemption 7th. Who the hell knows what year it is!

Actually, if I calculated correctly, today is Hope 5th, YR 1974.

(Apparently, each Year of Ransom has 352 days. The calendar shows 355, but it also says that the new year starts on Temple 28. So if the beginning of YR 1904 was March 22, 1936, that means that YR 1974 would begin on September 7, 2003. Then just add 122 days to get today's date.)

Guess what, folks? Armageddon may be coming in 1975 after all...

(Of course, if the calendar actually has a variable number of days per year, then my calculation would be wrong.)

• shamus
    shamus

Aw shoot... here we go again... 1975!

• churchofjehovah@yahoo.com
    [email protected]

I hadn't heard of it but it's not a big surprise.

[edited]

• shotgun
    shotgun

churchofjehovah guy. I see you are dropping in on all the threads and leaving a little stain behind.

Does that website hold the answers to all these threads or is just too difficult to add your thoughts without promoting your church?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I think Monday is definitely Pagan ... especially Monday morning.

***** Rub a Dub

• Odrade
    Odrade

Gawd Dan, I think you have waaaaaaaay too much time on your hands... go find your wife...

Odrade

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit