Are not Jehovahs Witness's Apostates them selfs?

by Singing Man 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Are not Jehovahs Witness's Apostates them selfs, they came from a few religions them selfs. Apostateing one self in and of its self is not a bad thing to do from any group is not ment to be a disgusting thing, why do they make it such a boogie man word?

a·pos·ta·sy ( ? -p ¼ s " t ? -s ¶ ) n., pl. a·pos·ta·sies . Abandonment of one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause. (American Heritage Dictionary)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well singing man as usual the WTS like to create their own definition of words. In their case it seems to mean "anyone who leaves the truth" or their brand of it.

If we were to follow the definition you provided from the dictionary then those who were born into it would be the only ones who were not apostates.

My version: anyone who perverts the Word of God and teaches it as the sole truth. Methinks the JWs fit that one pretty well (and so do a few others)

• dustyb
    dustyb

well if you wanna get technical the JWs are apostates because they left the teachings of their earlier presidents. CT Russell was a freemason and believed that you could get precise calculations out of prymids in Egypt and Rutherford was just a drunk dumbarse that had to control anything and everyone he could. Read up on Jehovah's Witness literature and you'll see. One of the funniest things was a book that Rutherford published called Paradise I believe that still admits Christs first presence was in 1874 =)

• El blanko
    El blanko

That is not really important IMO, as most of us adjust our belief systems through our lives and therefore we may all be guilty of apostate behaviour at one time or another.

What is important is - do individual Jehovah's Witnesses support and adhere to the Christian code of conduct and recognize Jesus Christ as the channel for salvation?

That being the case, if they do, then they use the organisation as a vehicle for their own righteousness and are acceptable to God Almighty.

• Enishi
    Enishi

Every religion that exists aposticized in some manner from a previous religion.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    What is important is - do individual Jehovah's Witnesses support and adhere to the Christian code of conduct and recognize Jesus Christ as the channel for salvation?

All Christian religions believe that JC is the channel for salvation but there are thousands of them. That is what makes Christians different from all other religions. So who's version of truth is right or wrong? All Christian religions believe they have the truth thus anyone that abandons their religious faith are apostates. Its just a label and the Jdubs have demonized it for the purpose of their cult mind control.

Will

• El blanko
    El blanko
    Its just a label and the Jdubs have demonized it for the purpose of their cult mind control.

Maybe so, I am certainly no one to comment on who the demons control & influence.

I still believe that the point is this:

God ultimately judges each individual according to his/her own merit. Regardless of the 'religion' that we may or may not belong to. So, a JW has just as much a chance as any other Christian. Surely?

• metatron
    metatron

Do many Witnesses come from religions that freely refer to Jesus as "Lord" in common conversation?

Do such Witnesses now avoid referring to Jesus that way, in common conversation, for fear of being labeled as APOSTATES?

So, who are the real apostates?

metatron

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

metatron,

If you are referring to the fact that the Jdub don't believe in Jesus as being equal or the same as God that is correct. I agree they don't freely use the term Lord when they refer to Jesus but I don't recall them discouraging the use of that title. They may reserve that title when referring to "God" or "Jehovah". Someone made the reference that the Jdub don't abide by Christian code of contact or look to Jesus as their Saviour. In my experience as a dub this is incorrect. They may have a different interpretation on the scriptures as you do but they still believe they are following that "holy" book. To me all Christians are hypocrites. For instance some of these ones that claim they follow the Christian code, don't feel anything is wrong with killing innocent men, woman and children. So who are apostates? I guess anyone that doesn't think the same way as you do.

Will

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Yep!!! My mom was an apostate from the Catholic religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit