Adultery can only happen at night - Scripture to support this statement

by scrubmaster 17 Replies latest jw friends

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster
    Strong circumstantial evidence, such as pregnancy or evidence (testified to by at least two witnesses) that the accused stayed all night in the same house with a person of
    the opposite sex (or in the same house with a known homosexual ) under improper circumstances, is acceptable.

I was told that there is a scriptural principle for the above quote from the "Pay attention to the Flock Book". If some one can find the scriptural princple I would like to know where it is. I was given a scripture by the society and by an elder, I will share this scriptures and get everyones thoughts on it after a few post. Then even later After getting the response from people -- I will let you know what scriptures I used to show them -- adultery can happen during the day as well. Of course they could not respond to the scriptures I showed them in an inelligent manner. (This will be interesting) I am awaiting everyone post.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

page 111 of the Pay Attention book states no scriptural principle and neither is there any scripture I have written in the margin -- I also do not have any Watchtower reference -- so can not help at the moment

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

Okay -- I see no one wants to post here is the scripture they used

Romans 13:12, 13 "The night is well along; the day has drawn near. Let us therefore put off the works belonging to darkness and let us put on the weapons of light. As in the daytime let us walk decently, not in revelries and drunken bouts, not in illicit intercourse and loose conduct, not in strife and jealous.

This is the scripture the society sent to me to provide the principle for the statment in the "flock book"

• greven
    greven

Bwahaha!

That's like using the text about Jesus coming as a thief in the night, to prove that theft only occurs at night! Total Hogwash!

Greven

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

You or somebody else posted this scripture in another thread you started, scrub. I'm tired of being in suspense--tell us the scripture you showed them and then get on with your life.

• shadow
    shadow

Are you serious?

Actually sent to you in a letter?

Are you able to give more of the context or would that be too revealing?

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

Believe me the other scripture they tried to send me about this situation was the one about those who get drunk get drunk at night -- I sent them a letter back stating the drunk s does not appy to my situation. If you read the context of the Rom 13 prior to the verses it is plan it is an illustration. of course I also found another bible rending of the verse and it reads this way

13:12
    The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So don't live in darkness. Get rid of your evil deeds. Shed them like dirty clothes. Clothe yourselves with the armor of right living, as those who live in the light.
    13:13
    We should be decent and true in everything we do, so that everyone can approve of our behavior. Don't participate in wild parties and getting drunk, or in adultery and immoral living, or in fighting and jealousy.

Wow want a difference -- but I took it a step further -- we all remember the story of Joseph -- what time of day was it when he was tempted by the scriptures say mid day. What time was it when the Irealites committed adultery -- it was in the evening. Then I dropped this scripture on them

Micah 2:3 "Woe to those scheming what is harmful, and those practicing what is bad, upon their beds ! by the light of morning they proceed to do it, because it is in the power of their hands.

They did not write back to me -- but of course little old me can not be right -- it would not be good for them to admit I am right-- I knew it was all in vain but it was fun reading their responses.

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster
    tell us the scripture you showed them and then get on with your life.

I do not remember posting this in another thread -- for me it is just to let people who are in my shoes to know what to expect -- I have moved on and made my decison

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster
    Are you able to give more of the context or would that be too revealing?

I will put the letter here tonight or tomorrow -- I have class to night(college) and will get home late -- so I may not get the chance to put it up tonight.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    They did not write back to me -- but of course little old me can not be right -- it would not be good for them to admit I am right-- I knew it was all in vain but it was fun reading their responses.

Of course they did not write back... the Great Oz has spoken!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit