Adultery can only happen at night - Scripture to support this statement

by scrubmaster 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, adultery is only committed at night. This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen in a long time. You can't be serious.

• shamus
    shamus

ha ha ha!

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup
    Strong circumstantial evidence, such as pregnancy or evidence (testified to by at least two witnesses) that the accused stayed all night in the same house with a person of
    the opposite sex (or in the same house with a known homosexual ) under improper circumstances, is acceptable.

Just another "you-are-so-blind-can't-you-see-how-the-scriptures-support-this-WT-inspired belief" belief. They will have a real kettle of fish on their hands if members interpret this as this being their free ticket to "fornicate" during the day...

This religion makes me so crazy!!!!!

growedup

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    Strong circumstantial evidence, such as pregnancy or evidence (testified to by at least two witnesses) that the accused stayed all night in the same house with a person of
    the opposite sex (or in the same house with a known homosexual ) under improper circumstances, is acceptable.

I've always found this passage rather amusing, and a bit of a mystery. As far as I know, the "Flock" book does not define what a "known" homosexual is. What if he is unknown? And how do they "know" (unless they've been watching or participating)?

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

SFJ-

What if he is unknown? And how do they "know" (unless they've been watching or participating)?

Just another loophole!

And if they've been watching or participating, this just further shows how the WT likes to be in their members' bedrooms!

Sleep with the lights ON!!!

growedup

• undercover
    undercover

I have a friend who is a "known" homosexual. Several dubs know him and know that I know him. Even though I am happily married and not a homosexual, if I go to visit him and stay at his house and someone(a dub) accuses me of wrong conduct with this person based on the fact that I stayed at his house, I could be disfellowshipped based on this circumstantial evidence? What a load of bullshit. What happened to the two witness rule? It's okay for a freak to abuse a child but since there aren't two witnesses then it didn't happen, but because someone "spent" the night at a known homosexual's house then he must have committed wrong therefore he's liable to be disfellowshipped? That's just really fucked up. Sorry bout the language, but there are times when it does get the point across better.

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster
    Even though I am happily married and not a homosexual, if I go to visit him and stay at his house and someone(a dub) accuses me of wrong conduct with this person based on the fact that I stayed at his house, I could be disfellowshipped based on this circumstantial evidence?

Sorry, I should have added you still need the two witness even in this case. They will not take just one person's word on the matter. So just staying over night is not enough. But I think the over night rule is a bunch off balony -- I dropped the bomb on the elders last night - that prior to me knowing this rule exsisted -- several years ago I stayed the night at a womans home and she stayed in one end of the house and I stayed in the other end. I am sure they are getting the committee together as I type this letter.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have a friend who had her brother in law (sister's husband) sleep over at her house because there were no available hotels he could find and it was too late to drive the 3 hours to go home after attending a grad party (My friend's daughters, his neices). The sister/wif of this man tried to use this for an excuse to have grounds for adultry.. grounds to divorce him..

for crying out loud, it was his sister in law.. they didnt' even sleep on the same floor of the house. But they went through commitee meetings and everything over it..

I can't believe she is still "IN".. after all the accusations..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit