Most despicable Bible texts

by logansrun 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Isaiah 28:8 - "For the tables themselves have all become full of filthy vomit - there is no place [without it]"

Matthew 23:14 - "-"

Leviticus 15:2,3 - "Speak to the sons of Israel, and you must say to them, 'In case any man has a running discharge occur from his genital organ, his discharge is unclean. And this will become his uncleanness by his discharge: Whether his genital organ has flowed with a running discharge or his genital organ is obstructed from his running discharge, it is his uncleanness"

Leviticus 15:19 - "And in case a woman is having a running discharge, and her running discharge in her flesh proves to be blood, she should continue seven days in her menstrual impurity, and anyone touching her will be unclean until the evening."

Hell, I could keep going in Leviticus!! All of the above is taken from the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, the green kind.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I will admit to being irritated by some Christians and their insistance that the Bible has no flaws.

Those Christians are not, normally, found on this board. They are, instead, found trying to twist the laws and government of this country into being even more biased towards particularly fundamentalist Christianity than it already is. I am most disgusted at those "Christians" who use the Bible and "patriotism" to intimidate those who question them into silence.

Occasionally, my irritation with these "Christians" needs a reasonably safe outlet...which leads me to places like this board, where I can usually find at least a couple of like-minded people with which to share a virtual brew and shake our heads at stupidity.

It's certainly not meant as an attack on members of this board who are Christians...

• Chappi
    Chappi

Actually the Benjamite tribe is almost destroyed due to the evil act in Judges 19. God grants them revenge.

God Bless

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

just an observation, the judges scripture where the mob wants to have sex with the visitor, isn't it pretty similar to the incident in Soddam and Gomorrah where Lot was visited by the angels?

Is it me or did several OT writers repeat stories that had been used before?

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE
    Happy shall they be who take your little ones and dash them against the rock!"

Bradley, believe it or not. **Many decades ago, if not a century ago**

In northern Canada, especially with the northern First Nations' peoples, this was not uncommon way back when they could not look after 'another mouth to feed'.

It was practiced, but trust me, not with joy.

I am familiar with stories, especially from Northern Quebec: Nunavik/Ungava.

These are stories relayed to me from First Nations Peoples.

No Bible inspiration, it was done more out of survival, than any devine inspiration.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rem:

And it still happens today, except in reverse. Good events are interpreted as the work of God, while bad ones are not.

An interesting perspective.
    Most of the Christians that I've met take the attitude that good and bad are the Providence from God.

• Narkissos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit