Most despicable Bible texts

by logansrun 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
    Satanus

Aphrodite the goddess of love. But but, wasn't yahweh supposed to be love personified? Maybe aphrodite's love is unconditional

SS

• Aztec
    Aztec

Doc, you know what they say about great minds.

Brad, I don't care whether it's supposed to be merely a description. It's still one of the most vile passages in the bible IMO.

~Aztec

• Sargon
    Sargon

SS,

Maybe yahweh is just self-love personified.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Deut 21:18-21. : In case a man has a rebellious son who does not listen to to his father or mother...His father and mother must take hold of him and bring him to the older men of the city and say," this son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, and he will not listen to us." Then they must pelt him with stones and he must die.

I can't imagine more barbarous and ignorant parenting.

But lets not forget the forgiving and unvindictive Christians, 1 Thess 1:6-9 It is righteous on God's part to REPAY tribulation to those who make tribulation for you...in a flamming fire, they undergo everlasting destruction.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How about stopping an orgy by shish-kabobbing two ppl having sex?

Numbers 25

The Orgy at Shittim
    1 While Israel was camped at Shittim (Acacia Grove), the men began to have sex with the Moabite women. 2 It started when the women invited the men to their sex-and-religion worship. They ate together and then worshiped their gods. 3 Israel ended up joining in the worship of the Baal of Peor. GOD was furious, his anger blazing out against Israel.
    4 GOD said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of Israel and kill them by hanging, leaving them publicly exposed in order to turn GOD's anger away from Israel."
    5 Moses issued orders to the judges of Israel: "Each of you must execute the men under your jurisdiction who joined in the worship of Baal Peor."
    6 Just then, while everyone was weeping in penitence at the entrance of the Tent of Meeting, an Israelite man, flaunting his behavior in front of Moses and the whole assembly, paraded a Midianite woman into his family tent. 7 Phinehas son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw what he was doing, grabbed his spear, 8 and followed them into the tent. With one thrust he drove the spear through the two of them, the man of Israel and the woman, right through their private parts. That stopped the plague from continuing among the People of Israel.
  • Aztec
    Aztec

Leolaia, I'm not sure if this is sick and twisted or just a very funny coincidence but I had just put on some music and "Love To Love You Baby", complete with moans and groans, came on just as I started reading your post.

~Aztec

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Jeremiah 31:15,Rachel Weeps over her children,twice! Too be fulfilled again Matthew 2:16 -18,Herod kills young boys! Children being slaughtered to fulfilled prophecy ???Horrible! What kind of a Father would od this?

Blueblades

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The Bible is full of dispicable quotes! If it's truly his Word, sure leaves much to be desired about this unknown almighty creator.

DY

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Aztec...i remember well the very day that passage served as the Weekly Reading during the Theocratic Ministry School and how the brother tried to keep a straight face while reading it. Imagine constructing a talk about that!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Matthew 7:13,14 shows that even the loving son of God has predetermined that very few will survive the wrath of God:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

And how bloody is this "wrath of God"? We find the answer in Revelation 14:19, 20.

"And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast [it] into the great winepress of the wrath of God. And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand [and] six hundred furlongs."

Yes, only after a huge river of blood is spilled, will God and his Son be satisfied. Apparently we were created mainly to be destroyed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit