Old, Faithful and Forgotten...

by rrb2016 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

I don't think that anyone on the Governing Body(tm) had this book as required reading for their sociology classes when they attended their respective universities and colleges.

• mrquik
    mrquik
    I bought a kindle for my 85 year old mother-in-law & my wife showed her how to load card games. She calls it a "Kenny".......
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

That all being said, does anyone know if the KH's have internet, or provide FREE WI-FI?

My 84 year old Mother in Law (a real sweetheart) has an iPad and despite mild Dementia, pretty much knows how to use it but for folks like your Mom, even if the Hall does have Wifi, it wouldn't be much use to them if they don't also have it at home. During the meeting they'd be able to follow along with the program but when they have time to study and read at home, they would be unable to access JW.org etc like everyone else does and might not be able to keep abreast like the others. Elderly JW's are often marginalized as it is and this is a new form of it.

The Watchtower convinced these folks that they can't get along with Bible reading on their own and has them programmed to expect bi-monthly magazines to direct their thoughts. Suddenly, the Watchtower and Awake which were once considered the JW "lifeline", have been practically dispensed with now.

I'm beginning to wonder what will happen when these JW's start reading their Bibles on their own and begin understanding what they read, for themselves rather than being directed to connect the dot scriptures that are used to support the JW agenda.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Wonder if that was the condition apple had to give the GB gold apple watches xD

"Force your members to buy tablets and we will sponsor you with our most expensive 17 000 dollar watches" :P

• possum
    possum

Persons who choose to live their lives according to a religious precept would at least expect fellowship and user friendly materials eg, magazines they can write on and read in bed.....

According to Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary it means: (a) companionship, company, associate (vb.); (b) the community of interest, activity, feeling or experience, i.e., a unified body of people of equal rank sharing in common interests, goals, and characteristics, etc.; (c) partnership, membership (an obsolete usage but an important one. It shows what has happened to our ideas of fellowship).

Isn't the whole purpose of having a religious faith is interpersonal relationships?...... Not possible to create this electronically........JW.ORG has lost he plot.

• talesin
    talesin

possum

That's one way we know ... it's a cult!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

But yeah, back on topic, the WTS seems to be coldly in different to those who are 70+ and can't or won't adapt to new technology. I think many are feeling left behind.

Odd, since those are the ones who might have left them generous sums in their wills. Once again, the WTS appears to be unable to stop shooting its own feet.

Sorry, having witnessed behind-the-scenes the difference of treatment of widows with WT in their wills, and widows with WT not in their wills (or else, just poor). The difference in treatment is remarkable.

WTS has been compared to a Mob organization.

But, at least the Mob cares for its own.

WTS - do you have any money? No! Goodbye and Good Luck! (Whoops, said Good Luck)

• prologos
    prologos
    old faithful? the one in Yellowstone does it right. You have to blow it once in a while, some wt seniors do.
  • possum
    possum

talesin

right

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

i am pretty sure that a huge majority of halls have internet. the problem is this, they are using cheap routers that are made for residential, so the capacity to have a large number of people on the internet causes problems.

i.e.- signal drop, cant log onto the system, slow speed.

it's a train wreck. i guess it's watchtower wisdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit