How many here are nice & rich? Living well IS the best revenge.... come on

by NoBorg 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

I once had aspirations of great monetary wealth, but as I became more "wealthy" I found that I was missing out on things of higher value. I haven't abandoned my material gains, but definately have decided to be satisfied for much less $ and live a fun life. Still like my volvo and view of the bay, but it's not as important as family.

carmel

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

"Living well" as others have stated means different things to different people. However I feel that since all my time isnt consumed with meetings and field service, I have can devote more time to enjoying life and family. A careful balance of career and family is key for me. I definately am much happier and satisfied with my life since leaving.

Doodle-V

• IWasDuped
    IWasDuped

I have noticed personally that my JW experience has taught me how to be balanced. Perhaps it's because I was so UNBALANCED for so long. You tend to need to experience one to appreciate the other fully.

It would appear that being in the Borg make you appreciate what is truly important. As Paul said, "Know how to HAVE an abundance AND how to be LOW on provisions."

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

When I quit being a JW my dad accused me of being Materialistic. I reminded him that I have an average home and the mortgage (less than 50% of the value of my home) is the only debt I have. I have not run up massive debt buying everything I can to live well or to strive after the seriously rich. Most of the JWs I knew in my area were pretty well off, there were lots better cars than mine at the KH. (Prince attends a Hall not that far from where I live and don't think he is short of a bob or two.)

I admit I live in the richest country in the world and live in a nice neighborhood, in a wealthy suburb. I have an average or less than average home for the area which does include multi-million dollar lake front property. I have a fairly decent job, my wife works and we save for our retirement. I think it irks my Dad that life has been kind to me in many ways (or Satan looks after me) and despite quitting the 'organization' I have not suffered much. Other parents would be proud and happy to see what their children have accomplished while I am a black sheep or possibly a goat now.

I count my blessings and riches in more ways. I have been adopted by my wife's family. I have many friends, from different backgrounds, and of various faiths (or no faith in particular). I have good health, a beautiful friend and wife in Mrs Thirdson.

Is this revenge? I don't think so. It just is. Of course, in some people's mind, while things are going well it will be because Satan looks after his own, and if I suffer harm it will be because I left Jehovah. I can't win with some people but then what do I care?

Thirdson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit