Dean's Scriptural Expertise Revealed

by Pork Chop 20 Replies latest social current

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe he's on bush's payroll, eh?

SS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Dean is in the odd position of being 100X smarter than the incumbent, but only half as good a liar. "Us rural folk", "...if you know alot about the bible, which I do..." (said during the "job" discussion), "I'm the only delegate from a farm state..." . Er... maybe he isn't so smart afterall.

ps. It happened on the streets and at a church in NH yesterday, the exponential "momentum" factor of people discovering and sharing something wonderful. It started months ago of course, but as of Saturday the third of January 2004, Wes Clarks campaign makes Howard Deans campaign irrelevent in the history books.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Job is not in the new testament,its in the old testament.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Anyone who doesn't know the Bible is OK in my book.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't think anyone has a problem with him not knowing scripture all that well Wildhorses. It's his obvious pandering that is nauseating. He's previously made it clear that religion and spirituality were not very important to him. He's made that clear thru both his actions, and his words. So when he uses religion, albeit clumsily, to pander to people who truly do value spirituality, it makes this agnostic kinda sick.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Six you wouldn't like to make a little wager on Clark would you? He's more of a loose cannon than Dean, and he will go no where.

You're right on about the nauseating pandering though!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

50 bucks is the going rate Porkchop, or a bottle of wine. But it's for real if you say yes. You're in the Dallas area right?

I don't think anyone with any knowledge of Clark would characterize him as a "loose canon", so I won't be taking any investment advice from you, but I will take your money.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OK let's be fair...he also corrected himself

He named Job as his favorite New Testament book, then later corrected himself, noting that it is in the Old Testament.

He then added

"I'm a New Englander, so I'm not used to wearing religion on my sleeve and being as open about it," he said. "I'm gradually getting more comfortable with talking about religion in ways that I did not talk about it before."

I do agree that his recent twist towards the spiritual is politically motivated...but let's be fair with the guy...anyone can mis-speak...at least he didn't have to ask his Press Secretary what his favorite book was.
  • Aztec
    Aztec
    I do agree that his recent twist towards the spiritual is politically motivated...but let's be fair with the guy...anyone can mis-speak...at least he didn't have to ask his Press Secretary what his favorite book was.

Yeru, when'd you get so balanced? J/K!

I think Dean is a nitwit too. I hope he doesn't get the Democratic nod! If he does I'm voting third party yet again. I'd rather "waste" my vote than vote for either Bush or Dean. Blech!

~Aztec

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I'm a Dean supporter, but the campaign seems to have been floundering recently. On the one hand, Dean complains about his fellow candidates "attacking" him, and says that they should stop because he's the front-runner. On the other hand, he's still railing against "establishment Democrats."

The latest poll shows Dean only 5 points behind Bush. It's time for Howard to show that he can run a real campaign, not just an insurgency.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit