Dean's Scriptural Expertise Revealed

by Pork Chop 20 Replies latest social current

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Lately Dean has been trying to portray himself as a religious individual. The following is interesting:

Asked his favorite New Testament book, Dr. Dean named Job, adding: "But I don't like the way it ends." "Some would argue, you know, in some of the books of the New Testament, the ending of the Book of Job is different," he said. "I think, if I'm not mistaken, there's one book where there's a more optimistic ending, which we believe was tacked on later."

• gumby
    gumby

Asked his favorite New Testament book, Dr. Dean named Job,

Job.....let's see. Oh ya.....that was the story where god wanted to prove to a worthless piece of crap ( satan)...that his man was really faithful......as if he owed satan something. In his little game......he cost job torture, allows jobs entire famil;y to be slaughtered , and to lose everything he has.....only to get it back. If anybody else did that to someone they would deserve to be shot. Is this the best god can do to prove how wonderful he is? This guy picked one poor book as his favorite.

Gumby

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Ah, the joy of the obtuse.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Wow. Sounds like a statement that George W. would make. But, tell me this. Did Dean at least pronounce all the words correctly?

• blondie
    blondie

At least he picked a book that was in the Bible.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I find it ominous that knowledge of the Bible continues to be an important criterion for evaluating a presidential candidate.

• Satanus
    Satanus

He sounds like a cool guy

SS

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

He sounds like a complete phony.

• Satanus
    Satanus

At least he didn't make up any new words, or get them in the wrong order. He did a little ad libbing. Knowing next to nothing about the bible is a plus, imo

SS

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I don't care if the guy knows anything about the Bible or not. I do care that he is engaging in a phony and sudden religiosity to make himself more electable. I don't think he's electable anyway, and this charade won't help him a bit. He's the best thing that ever happened to Bush.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit