If You Could've Said Something You Weren't Supposed To Say........

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• dustyb
    dustyb

heh, i would have asked a few questions during the watchtower such as, "how many hours of field service did paul put in accordign to that picture in the watchtower?" or "How is it so evident(sp) that god has a favored blessing towards the watchtower?" or "How do you know what God is thinking?" just something along those lines to make the elders sit in their seats wanting to shoot me :) One other question i'd ask an elder at their study is about their sex lives. They want to know me and my g/f's so bad, i think we should just exchange dirty stories. (as long as the elders wife is hot, muhaha)

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I've always had the insane, almost irresistable impulse to grab the mike, lick it like Steven Tyler, and then start singing, "There was a time, when I was so brokenhearted... love wasn't much, of a friend of mine... The tables have turned, yeah, cause me and them ways have parted... Your kind of love is the killin' kind!"

In this fantasy, my friend pops in the karaoke Aerosmith over the loudspeaker, but that would never happen. Still, it would have been great.

Or begin a comment like the boss from Office Space, "Mmm... yeah... I'm going to have to go ahead and kind of... disagree with you there." after some kind of nonsense about Isaiah being fulfilled in 1919.

CZAR

• hornetsnest
    hornetsnest

LOL, minimus!

Actually, that was about 10 years before and in another congregation than the one I was disfellowshipped in!

LoneWolf

• minimus
    minimus

So...LoneWolf, Are you trying to tell me that you did not get disfellowshipped for farting???

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I remember with great fondness 157 suddenly indrawn breaths followed by complete silence as I proclaimed "Even Rutherford said he'd made a complete ass out of himself over 1925." I was approached by several giggling brothers after the meeting telling me someone would probably be dragging me into the back room, but no one did.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Well amazingly this is about something I learned to say years later, but heard someone else say it first........LOL.

During a Public Talk one Sunday, a begrizzled older gentleman in the audience, dressed neatly but lacking a tie (i.e. not a "regular") became indignant at a point the speaker made about earthly governments.

He got up to leave the building, saying in a voice loud enough for just about everyone to hear: "...This ain't nothin' but BULL SH%$...."

Little did I realize at the time I'd one day share his opinion.........

---Dan

• minimus
    minimus

Dannyboy, I would have laughed my ass off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit