If You Could've Said Something You Weren't Supposed To Say........

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

at a meeting-------what would it have been? I can imagine making a comment at the Watchtower Study after reading Blondie's Review and spouting some of her research from the publications to mess everybody up or give a Public Talk and say something like," As we all know, The Society has blundered many, many dates in the past and given some false prophecies, too-----but that doesn't mean we should stop trusting them, now does it????".......Anything that you would have liked to say???

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I only went to one meeting and it was BS (book study, that is). Not being a JW I didn't want to embarrass my JW friend so I held my tongue more than once.

A comment from a half wit sister was made criticizing people for investing in the stock market. I was very tempted to bring up the Rand Cam stock but controled myself. At the end of the meeting the BS elder made a controling type of comment to the congregation. He was looking at me when he said it. Again, I was tempted to open my mouth but exercised restraint.

Devon

• NoBorg
    NoBorg

I was on a sheparding call with this old fart from the South. The bro & sis we were talking to had had a bad run of it financially and with their kids. They really were fairly active and he just up and tore into them about how they have NO EXCUSE to not be at every meeting.

I kept trying to smooth over his comments and tone them down but it was a joke.

Looking back I would have loved to have said, "It's probably because of D*ck's like YOU that they don't go!"

Oh well, at least it was just ONE overbearing freak in their house that night.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    Re: If You Could've Said Something You Weren't Supposed To Say........

I'd ask/say:

Just where the hell is "this promised presence of His"? If Jesus has been ruling since 1914, then He's doing a piss poor job! He needs to get his act together.

How do you think that one would go over?

Dismembered

• Blueblades
  • minimus
    minimus

Blueblades-----GREAT comment!......Dismembered, imagine saying what you thought while giving a talk! Now that would get'em goin'!!

• Huxley
    Huxley

I've thought about this a lot. My moment would have been during the last talk I gave. The topic was "Mother's Day" and of course, I was supposed to expose it's ghastly pagan roots and explain why True Christians(tm) would have no part in honoring Mothers on this day. There was no way to make it sound like a reasonable argument.

I wish I would have told the audience that life is short, give your Mom a hug, make her a card by hand, and thank her for bringing you into this world.

Huxley

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Minimus,here is what I meant to say,the post I wrote got deleted my me somehow,I'll try it again.

The society has always taught that Jehovah knew that some from the decendants of Adam and Eve would love righteouness and so made a provision,the ransom for them.

However,this means that he knew in advance that some would not benefit from this provision and yet he put in motion the allowance of the propensity for mankind to sin with all the horrible consequences to follow.Knowing that most of mankind would be punished for something that they had no control over.

After reading AlanF's post on the ransom,I have become convinced that this teaching is not biblical.

Whenever the study was about inherited sin and it consequences while I was active,I wanted to bring this matter up.However,I did not want to be one who would be considered a person causing divisions about what the society taught as doctrine,and so did not say anything about it and just kept it in the back burner of my mind.

Have you read AlanF's post on the ransom,if so what do you now think aboutit,if not I strongly suggest you take the time to read it.

Blueblades

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would have loved to have said "We all know pioneering is a most unbalanced way of life, but as an elder I have to toe the party line and recommend it -- so brothers and sisters -- why not reach out for the privilege of pioneering"

• NoBorg
    NoBorg

"If we really believe only baptized JW's are going to be shown mercy by God we better start doing some slam dunking. Come on, it's for their own good."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit