Fibbing about your time

by SC_Guy 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• acsot
    acsot

module:

As for you, if you are still going to meetings and calling yourself a witness, I would quit hanging out in here- we are mostly apostates. Come back when and if you have made a clean break.

Hopefully this was a joke. I wish a lot more people attending meetings would visit this site. Any and all are welcome, they more they read the more they learn. And we can attend/fade/DA/DF any way we choose, and still visit this site and make friends here.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am totally shocked ( no kidding) I did my time & when I knew someone told me they added a bit on their time I did that for nothing... didnt add it!!!I would spend hours writing, going out on service, I cant believe so many are fudging time... it makes it more of a false religion than I thought....How did your conscience feel? I must be a real turd!! Talk about a lemon.....I believed it was working for God!!! There is no fool like an old fool......

• Agent Smith
    Agent Smith

I do it every month...

I only do hours though...I never add any RV's or Mags..

• sandy
    sandy

When I started "slacking" off as they (jdubs) put it I started to lie on my field service reports.

At first I just put a few hours a month and maybe four mags, 2 rvs, 1 brochure. LOL After a while I thought I should at last keep up with the national average. I started to lie and put 10 hrs in each month.

I used to feel really bad about lying though. But one would never know it because I kept up the lying for a good solid two years. LOL

• metatron
    metatron

This is recently emerging as a common Witness practice that hasn't been talked about in the past.

Score: Another point for the internet

Another loss for the Borg

metatron ( it helps keep the elders away)

• Aztec
    Aztec

Homey,

it seemed as if there was no incentive's for "quality" time just "time".

Too true!

I never lied on my reports. I never counted time until we got to the first door and didn't count the time spent on our break either. The more I look back on the importance placed on filling out a time slip the more I think it's ridiculous. Do any other "religions" force their members to do this?

~Aztec

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal
    I just reported my November and December time -- I put down 4 hours each month and 2 return visits --not been out at all -- but I have been putting my time in on this board -- so I thought it fair. It all helps make the false WTBTS even more false so I think I am doing a good service -- I have no problem, at all and a clean conscience about putting this false time in -- after all the WTBTS do not mind telling a few lies -- Theocratic Warfare strategy is what I call it!!

Not on this board, but on another board I post on, I use it to report time because there are a lot of BACs on there, and it's a JW message board on AOL. LOL I also feel like I'm accomplishing something because I get to argue with BACs and they don't know how to argue a point, IMHO, just like a lot of JWs. I think it's a lot better than driving around in a car looking for people who are not at home, or going door-to-door for blocks and not finding anyone at home. To me those things are a big waste of my time. At least on message boards you get response--which is what I like--whether it's negative or positive. And I don't count all the time I spend there either.....

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Don't feel like a turd Mouthy! Your just a very honest person with a clean conscience unlike many of us apostates!

Maybe the society will OK internet preaching soon, just not on apostate BBS's. Maybe you have to go into ham radio BBS's or train talks to get some time, and you can use your phone bill as proof!

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

"I guess the society if going to have to come out with a rulebook/kaballah detailing exactly how to count time."

They're not about to do that, do you really think they don't know what's going on? This way they get to record inflated numbers without being responsible for the inflation.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I don't recall myself ever putting down time I just didn't put in because I didn't feel right in reporting time I didn't put in. I recall one time the congregation secretary phoning me for my time and I said I didn't go out that month. He said that surely you spoke to someone in the last month so he put me down for an hour. I know reading a number of posts that of other people on here that a lot of Dubs "fudge" their time. Makes on wonder how accurate the WT figures really are.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit