Other peoples happiness.......

by obiwan 54 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

I see now Obi...

Yes, if one offers a differing opinion (advice) then they should give it with the temper that they have been there. Absolutley..

Otherwise it is not wisdom, but finger pointing moralism... I agree..

• Aztec
    Aztec

Ooooh LW! LOL! You're treading lightly. Obi's a good guy and I don't think he meant any harm whatsoever. I find it disturbing that people would be afraid to share good news with this board because they are afraid of being attacked. That's silly. When I found a new job that I loved I posted it happily and got nothing but "congratulations". I think he was responding to Stacy's post about her impending nuptuals. I think most of us were concerned about her age and nothing more. She and I have concluded that because of pm's. I trust her to make the right decision. She's a very bright person. Broadly sweeping advice and criticism of people's posts and worrying about someone disagreeing with you is a bit neurotic. If people don't agree with me, and many don't, I usually hear about it via pm or email. I'm a grown up and I can handle it.

Oh well, life is such eh?

~Aztec

• obiwan
    obiwan

Well Aztec, I hate to burst your bubble, but I have some very good news that I am not about to post on this forum. I know in posting this information, it would only lead to me being pissed off at others. Some people can't look past another persons past to see things for what they are.

Like I said, some people are happier to see others miserable....... just as they are.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Obi, why would I burst your bubble? I like you alot. I don't want to see someone I like unhappy and I never would. Why would you even think that way? I don't even like to see people I dislike unhappy much less anyone I really care about. I really just don't get this.

~Aztec

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

(((Obi)))

You know that I am very happy for you and always want to see you happy. I understand how you feel. Some people are just mean-spirited and could turn good news into something hurtful.

Lisa

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Some people can't look past another persons past to see things for what they are.

Obi, I can relate to this only TOO WELL! I have a "past" that was held against me for many years, and still is, by people who knew nothing at all about it except that it existed.

I only met you a couple of times, but I like you, and would be interested in hearing any news you may have, good or otherwise. Feel free to email, PM, or phone me any time. I think you still have my number. If not, let me know.

I would not pass on any news you may have without your permission.

All the best.

Walter

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

When one hears the same thing day in and day out, you start to believe it; and one of the things that gets pounded at almost every meeting is the comment that the person "will not be happy, but rather sad and terribly conflicted" if one leaves Jehovah's Organization.

Slowly but surely I'm proving that theory wrong, but it's really hard I tell you.

DY

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I have made it impossible for a dear friend to tell me the truth about a very important aspect of his life--being a Witness--because I was unable to be a sympathetic listener when he tried to tell me. I regret this more than I can say, and take your words much to heart, Obiwan.

• Xena
    Xena

there is a time and a place for everything....opinions, congradulations and just support

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Oh, Obi, I meant to say, congratulations on your good news, whatever it is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit