Other peoples happiness.......

by obiwan 54 Replies latest jw friends

• obiwan
    obiwan

It's so sad sometimes to see people question anothers happiness. There have been posts made about good things happening to our fellow posters here. But instead of people showing support and happiness for there fortune, I've noticed the opposite. Posters questioning good fortune and happiness. Isn't it what all of us want, good fortune and happiness? How would we feel if someone else questioned the good things we have in our lives?

I've noticed that some people, not all, can't stand to see others happy. Why is that? Is it because it's reminds that person, how unhappy thier life is? Are they people who are happy being sad or depressed?

As a general rule, most of us here don't know one another on a personal level. That being said, how could any of us give advice or point out possible errors to someone we barely know? If we do know the person giving advice on a personal level, then they surely would have heard from friends the things posted questioning thier happiness.

I guess you could say this is a rant....sorry. For myself, I've spent enough time being unhappy in this life. Now that I've found some happiness, I hate to see other peoples happiness belittled or trivialized.

Happiness for most of us here, is hard to come by. When there are people who find it, I am VERY happy for them!

GOOD FORTUNE FROM THE CLOWN!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am happy that you have posted this -- my thoughts are similar -- I like people being happy - after all most are miserable in the WTBTS

• Sassy
    Sassy

I know how you mean.. I have seen that too.. I had someone tell me some good news privately not long ago, because this person said if it was posted, most likely it would have been made lightly or placed a cloud over it.. which I found sad unfortunately but I couldn't deny it was possible.. I personally love good news and like to support those with it!

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I guess the common connection that we all have here is that the majority of us have been Jw's or have been hurt by Jw's or even the org itself. A lot of us have "luggage" and yes many of us are unhappy or at times go through mood swings. Many times when Im happy I make jokes or say what others may consider stupid or wierd, cause I guess I have a strange sense of humour and I hurt a lot because of many bad experiences being raised a Dub.

I have learned however that a lot of us have problems and you have to approach every topic cautiously and carefully and not to take to much in here very seriously, just move on and make friends with those you do know and have a connection with.

Its still great that even though many of us dont know each other personally we all have a connection that can eventually lead to personal friendships. I personally look forward to meeting some of you in person at one time in the future.

• U.2.K. Tha Greate$t
    U.2.K. Tha Greate$t

Happiness cometh from GOD. <<<<<<<yall remember that!

• larc
    larc

Obiwan, I love you man, and like your thoughts. I hope to see you in the spring. My daughter and I am listening to an old tape by Cat Stevens, and just having a great time.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hey Obi, while I agree with the gist of what you said there is a differance between criticism and constructive criticism. Criticism is merely meant to tear down while constructive criticism is meant to upbuild. The motives behind each are entirely differant. I, myself, can usually tell the differance.

~Aztec

• obiwan
    obiwan

Hey Obi, while I agree with the gist of what you said there is a differance between criticism and constructive criticism. Criticism is merely meant to tear down while constructive criticism is meant to upbuild. The motives behind each are entirely differant. I, myself, can usually tell the differance.

~Aztec

When there is more than one person basically saying the same thing on the same thread, it turns from constructive, to annoying.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    When there is more than one person basically saying the same thing on the same thread, it turns from constructive, to annoying

1) Are they saying it the same way?

2) Do they have the same intentions?

~Aztec

• Special K
    Special K

Sometimes a person's inner map of the world becomes full of negative, pessimistic views .. on

EVERYTHING..

Everything positive, happy, funny, creative, interesting....

I have someone in my life who occassionally gets in that mode.... Possibly we all do.

It only take a few hours to pull that person out of it... by pinching in the bum, everytime they negatize anything anyone says.. It works!!! .. they snap out of it.. and laugh about it later...

Several little pinches in a couple hours.. eventually causes alot of laughter and chasing.. and all ends in fun...because the person starts catching themselves starting to say negative responses and then runs like hell so I can't catch him... AAAH.. a negative person turned into a positive person.

sincerely

special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit