Step One

by Peppermint 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Just registered today after many months of being a silent spectator, hope to tell you a bit about myself in the days/weeks to come, but not just yet. One step at a time as they say. I have been helped so much by what I have read here, at first I expected to find bitter and twisted rantings, not so, you all seem very normal.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Welcome Peppermint. I'm pretty new here although I have lurked for a couple of years.

Where in England are you? I'm in Bristol.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome Peppermint!

Not sure how normal I am but thanks all the same!

• morty
    morty

WELCOME PEPPERMINT.....

WHEN YOU WISH TO SHARE YOUR STORY, WE WILL BE HERE....

MORTY

• Emma
    Emma

Welcome to the board. We'll look forward to hearing more from you. Meanwhile, feel free to ask questions and ask for help.

Emma

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome -- BTW I am not normal!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome Peppermint. Yes, the people here are normal, in an above-normal kinda way. Take your time and make yourself at home. Looking forward to "step two". j

• outnfree
    outnfree

Welcome to the Board, Peppermint!

I also lurked a while and then finally signed on when I DA'd myself. This really IS a wonderful place for healing from JW hurts, and many of us consider ourselves damaged and not "normal", but what the heck is "normal" anyway?

I look forward to reading more of your posts,

outnfree

• City Fan
    City Fan

Welcome Peppermint,

I look forward to reading your story soon.

CF.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Glad you decided to join in, Peppermint.

I have been helped so much by what I have read here, at first I expected to find bitter and twisted rantings, not so, you all seem very normal.

You are going to make a lot of friends here, with "normal" people. I spent 36 years in the org, 34 of them as a servant, but never felt like I fit in, like I was odd somehow. I thought I was the abnormal one. Now I realize I was never a good fundamentalist. I was the pork sausage at a jewish picnic.

Here if feel fine. I feel like you do, among normal people now.

Hope to hear more from you.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit