Contradiction?????

by Yerusalyim 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

AGUEST,

I have no doubt whatsoever in my pea picking brain or stoney heart that God did indeed raise up Moses, Saul, David, Pharoah, and not only Pilate and Herod, but the entire Roman Empire to facilitate the spread of the Gospel. God is in charge, Satan is a liar. He has influence, and rules in the hearts of unsaved people, but God is in charge.

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    I like peanut butter, can you rollerskate?

• dins
    dins

I have a question after reading the contradiction section maybe someone can shed some light on.

I work in the court system as a court stenographer and the other day during jury selection, someone stood up and proudly announced that he was "One of Jehovah's Witnesses" and could not sit in judgment of another human being. (It was a minor traffic accident case, so tough one!) They let him go, probably back to service or his cleaning job.

Then today, during another selection, another JW stood up and said that her religious beliefs precluded her from sitting in judgment. When pressed by the judge,however, she agreed that she could follow his instructions and be fair and impartial, and hence she was selected for jury duty (a more serious offense of rape where the woman couldn't "scream" because she was gagged.)

NOW when I was growing up, jury duty was rather taboo around the old kingdom hall, kind of fell into the voting category. Have they relaxed their stance on this, or has the light grown brighter on this one also.

That light is growing so bright I think it's totally fried all of their brains anyway.

I really enjoy this discussion -- thank you everyone!!

• God_knows
    God_knows

I suggest all of you read 1Cor 13:1-7 to prove the authority given to governments by God.

But that does NOT in anyway include Satan's government which is right around the corner. We cannot trust anyone, those among us who live through the Great Tribulation, and were not Raptured.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

God_Knows,

I actually think there are better scriptures to show that governmental authority is given by God other than this reading on LOVE. Oh well, to each their own.

DINS,

I wonder if this woman will be counseled by the Elders or even DF'd for her offense? The JW reading of not judging is poppy cock. It means we are not to judge someone's eternal salvation, we can not know their heart. Corinthians makes it clear that we can INDEED stand in judgement as to whether a crime has been committed and if we can do so in a Christian congregation then we can do so in a court of Law.

YERU

YERUSALYIM
    I like peanut butter, can you rollerskate?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Yeru... may you have peace... and no 'pea brain' implied, truly!

I believe my Lord had me phrase the information so, in order for those 'listening' to ask themselves those questions... and see the obvious answers.

Job 38 and 39.

And, ummm, no, actually I rather HATE peanut butter (ewwww-yuck!), but yes, I can rollerskate.

Peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• God_knows
    God_knows

:)
    Hey, SJ, you said you hate peanut butter??? Well, you just wait until I make you some of my famous chocolate-peanut butter truffles, and you would change your mind an a nanosecond!

Love to all of you!

• larc
    larc

Welcome dins,

Your experience puzzles me too. I thought that jury duty was a no, no, but I have out for awhile.

I see you are new. We have a thread called "Hello, hello" If you want to, you can go there and read about many of us and tell your story if you would like. If that thread is not on your screen, you can go to the top of any page and enter search and put in the word "hello" to find it.

Glad to have you with us.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest G-K:

Chocolate? Did you say CHOCOLATE? I LOVE chocolate!! So, well, okay, maybe I could be persuaded to eat a bit of peanut butter (shudder) if it were masquerading as some chocolate treat. Want my mailing address?

With much love and peace...

SJ

• God_knows
    God_knows

Where do you live?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Check your email, please... and peace to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit