Contradiction?????

by Yerusalyim 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

On page 132 of the Knowledge book it says:

Who are the "superior authorities"? Paaul's words in succeeding verses show that they are human governmental authorities. (Romans 13:1-7; Titus 3:1) Jehovah did not originateman's governmental authorities, but they exist by his permission. Sou Paul could write: "The existing authoirites stand placed in their relative positions by God..."Much of the time, however, the governmental superior authorities act as 'God's minister to us for our good.'

OK now what?

If the authorities exist by God's permission, AND God uses the government for HIS purposes to minister to our good, why is it a sin to vote and have an active influence on the direction of the government, and if God's in charge, how can it be Satan's organization?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    I like peanut butter, can you rollerskate?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Yerusalem: Excellent questions! Great points. This is a clear example of how the WTS is able to teach two opposing doctrines at the same time. Some other examples:

Slave selected upon Jesus return: Faithful, Discreet, teaches truth.
    Slave punished upon Jesus return: Unfaithful, teaches falsehood.

Slave not inspired, does not prophecy.
    Slave is spirit-directed, a Prophet class greater than Exekiel.

JWs should not expect to live normal lives in this time of the end.
    JWs are normal people living normal lives, not in a cult.

Elders are family men, balancing Congregation & family interests.
    Wives need to let Elders give greater attention to congregation.

Women should scream when raped.
    Women do not have to scream when raped.

Cannot divorce homosexual mate.
    Can divorce homosexual mate.

Adultery only grounds for divorce.
    Spiritual endangerment is grounds for divorce.

JWs are honest, truthful, do not lie. Devil is father of lie.
    JWs can lie is its for Theocratic Strategy.

JWs immitate the God of Love, and will not go to war out of love.
    JWs must hate those who left them and anyone deemed an enemy.

JWs are a people of peace and stay away from conflict.
    JWs are in a spiritual warfare against the world, flesh, devil.

JWs teach that Jesus returned (invisibly active) in 1914.
    JWs teach that Jesus always active, leading them since 33 AD.

JWs teach that truth was gone until Russell restored it in the 1800s.
    JWs teach that the FDS was always around, protected since 33 AD.

JWs are not civil police, and will not report molesters.
    JWs obey law, mandating young JW men to report to selective service.

JWs do not make a profit, but only ask cost of production.
    JWs religion owns vast amnounts of real estate, equipment, money.

Kingdom Halls to be modest, humble, unlike Christendom Cathedrals.
    JWs now build and own many large, plush Assembly Halls.

JWs would always meet in homes.
    JWs now quick-build many Kingdom Halls.

JWs never seek money, wait on Jehovah to provide.
    JWs now ask you to give up your estate.

on, and on, and on. Amazing

• Sage
    Sage

True, they stand in their relative positions by God. For without them the world would be so chaotic, life would be impossible at all.
    Try living without something as simple as traffic laws. The governments are law givers for the moment. That is why Jehovah allows them to exist for the time being.

These superior authorities are inferior to Jehovah God, however. That is why if their law conflicts with God's law, we obey God as ruler rather than man.

They way God uses the governments for HIS purposes to minister to our good right now is the mail, police, firemen, education, some even have to from time to time use county hospitals because of a lack of medical insurance and it is provided or possibly food stamps. Our taxes pay for this.

Satan owns the governments of the word. The perfect Son of God did not deny this when Satan offered them to him to do just one act of worship to him...Mt 4:8,-11

The governments also misuse their powers. But we as Christians are to be in subjection to them until Jehovah puts an end to them..Dan 2:44, and his Heavenly government is in full operation in heaven, then we on the earth will benefit from "that" government.

As for voting. There is no man on earth that fulfill all he promises he will do if elected to office. He might try to be fair and do many of the things he has said he will do, but when all said and done he still in an imperfect man and he has many men working for and with him that will and can undermine his authority and eventually he dies anyway and the next man will change what he does not like. We are told: Do not put your trust in nobles. Nor in the son of earthling man to whom no salvation belongs...Ps 146:3

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

OMG!!!! You found a contradiction in the Society's publications?

I'm shocked. My entire belief system is shattered. I'm sure that they are now ice skating in hell.

Slipnslidemaster: I thought you said your dog doesn't bite? That isn't my dog!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

slip and slide lady,

I love your sarcasm, LETS BE FRIENDS!

Sage,
    you said,

Satan owns the governments of the word. The perfect Son of God did not deny this when Satan offered them to him to do just one act of worship to him...Mt 4:8,-11
    but also you said
    True, they stand in their relative positions by God

and the bible says in many places that God raised up so and so.

Sage, God's law does NOT in ANY WAY forbid voting. For if we are to interpret "Be no part of this world" to mean don't vote, then it would also mean not to use the courts, or the schools, etc, etc, etc. What being no part of the world means is not to adopt the value system of the world which allows abortion on demand, conducts wars of aggression, etc etc etc.

As for satan offering the Kingdoms of the World to Jesus, Jesus tells us that Satan is a liar, and the Father of LIES. NO WHERE in scripture does God cede control of the world and it's governments to Satan. Does Satan have INFLUENCE in them, YES Hitler is a great example as is Stalin. But God is the God of History, not Satan.

Vote so that you can counter the influence Satan has in government.

If not keeping all ones promises are a basis not to vote for a person, than so to should it prevent one from being and Elder, right? Yet we know the Elders are men who make mistakes like the rest of us.

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    I like peanut butter, can you rollerskate?

• logical
    logical

Good points, I think this further shows how the beasts in Revelation 13 cannot be political.

Amazing, dont forget to add:

JW's fulfill Isaiah 4:2 "neither will they learn war anymore"
    JW's are waging "spiritual warfare" with "Babylon the Great"

• Farkel
    Farkel

Sage,

If everyone acted in accordance with that crap you just spouted, the world would be in a chaos. Without any government, that is what always happens. Dubs can choose not to vote or be a part of any government simply because "Satanic" wordly people do all the hard work to make governments benefit losers like dubs.

Doesn't that seem incredibly ironic to you?

Besides, if dubs were allowed to run the governments of this world, they'd be stoning their rebellious children, and stoning everyone else who expressed a logical thought.

Farkel

• logical
    logical
    and stoning everyone else who expressed a logical thought.

Cant blame them really...

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    slip and slide lady,
    I love your sarcasm, LETS BE FRIENDS!

You got it!! BTW, I'm a Master not a lady!

Slipnslidemaster: I thought you said your dog doesn't bite? That isn't my dog!

• Mulan
    Mulan

But, Slip, you had that gorgeous photo of a lovely lady on your name for so long!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit