Mormons tried to recruit me on the phone

by Mulan 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

SusanHere,

hey, I enjoyed your post...some interesting stuff there from someone who is actually a mormon, and I thank you for putting your informed two cents in.

I must say all the Mormon guys that rode thier bikes around our little town in NH were HOTTIES!!!! and even though I was only about 12 or so, I was very glad when the young man that my mother was trying to witness too, (and he try to convert her of course) kept coming by...he was such a sweetie...sigh....he ended up going to Australlia or something

for me...I could never join the mormon church because I do think they are too controlling for ME...I can see from your posts that there are a lot of differences than JWs that would make mormons a little more free in some ways than the JWs...as in politics etc....and I think that is why so many people think they are as controlling as JWs..because BOTH religions usually have many more rules or principles than exJWs care to live by.

On another note, one of my favorite authors, Orson Scott Card is a very active Mormon...he writes a lot of interesting stuff that is based on his faith..he started his writing career with Mormon pagents, plays etc...it is all very interesting...

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I think "Mulan the Mormon" has a nice ring to it.

I work with a Mormon woman and occasionally we exchange beliefs. She thinks I'm nuts, and I think she is. The difference is I know I am, whereas she hasn't a clue that she is........if u get my drift.

• bebu
    bebu

I have a neighbor whose son did not become the Mormon husband that the wife had intended, so the Morg encouraged the wife to leave--suddenly. The wife filed charges against the husband for molesting their daughter--which the daughter herself has ALWAYS vehemently denied. The wife succeeded in getting a restraining order on him for 5 years now, during which time he hasn't seen his daughter. This is a sophisticated shunning arrangement, in my view.

My husband's sister left the Mormons a little over a year ago, after nearly 25 years of devout service. She says that ALL of her Mormon friends ignore her now, and refuse to return her calls. She calls it shunning. It may not be official, but it is certainly practiced...

Mulan, I CAN recommend the Costco Executive Membership! That thing pays for itself every year--and more.

bebu

• Satanus
    Satanus

Looks like our mormon guest has left the house. Too hot??

SS

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you Mulan!!!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit