Naval piercings, marathons and chi

by Princess 47 Replies latest jw friends

• momofboys
    momofboys

Rachel, that is so interesting - I really hope it works for you. You could put it back in after the marathon, right? It looks very nice on you.

I have always been a very medical person, but in recent years have come to appreciate a various forms of health care. I believe the strongest form, is what a person believes works best for them. I work in an ER and in the case of migraines, you will see in the course of one night, multiple people with them just as you will see more babies delivered on a certain day over another. We are linked to this planet and it impacts our minds and our bodies - our "chi".

Just one grain of sand's opinion among millions.

T

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is a very balanced observation, "mom". From a medical standpoint, I appreciate your views too. Being in this family, you get exposed to all kinds of things, don't you?

• sens
    sens
    This may not be effective on Irishmen.

what about irish women...well i wouldnt want anything to ruin my red aura...

omg ok..seriously...can u prove this chi stuff? i started reading about this new age stuff not long ago when i thought i might like to try something differant..and it just sounds like crap to me.

when this fundie tread stuff starts healing those with cancer...i might listen.

i was told today i have, what my new age fundie friend calls ''skeptic syndrome'' and im really pleased by this

I agree with doc...only I dont agree on any level with this chi stuff ...these people are out there for one reason and one reason only to help ease you of your hard earned cash

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It seems to me that the Chinese used this basis to their medicine for a few millenia, refining the philosophy.
    Although some of their remedies may seem ridiculous, in light of modern science, they did observe that man in an electro-chemical organism.

There are areas of medical science that have been exploited in a primitive, but rigorous way for hundreds of years and that modern science is only just grappling with.

I don't doubt that one day we'll know why homeopathy, etc. works, and find better ways to exploit it to the good of the human race.

• Valis
    Valis

ah litel too...ya cheeky fung shweee bahstarrrrrrrd faerrrrrrrrrrry! Appy Noo Yerrrrrrs matey!!

Ahaha....I was just thinking and tattoos and accupuncture and how similar they are...*LOL* When I had my back piece done it was right on the spine...eheh Sometimes he would tap a nerve or something and my body would jerk...eheh like a spaz...So ya it isn't any suprise accupuncturists have learned how to hit nerves and get the desired response. Poke around the body for a couple thousand more years and we might learn all kinds of things.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Valis:And yet Chinese doctors used accupuncture successfully for hundreds of years, having plotted which points were effective for what, and yet it was pooh-poohed until "modern"science validated it.

I suspect the same will occur with other forms of "alternative therapy", hopefully with the result of it becoming more consistent.

Anyhow, Happy New Year, buddy

• tink
    tink

fwiw, i'm an avid runner as well. i also have my navel pierced. i ran pre-piercing and continue to do so post-piercing, and noticed no difference in my performance. but i guess everyone is affected by different things, and princess, i'm glad you found something that works for you.

• Princess
    Princess

I took out my ring on Tuesday. Kind of soon to tell if it makes a difference.

I'm running the Arizona Rock and Roll marathon next Sunday, the 11th. After that I'm switching to biking to get ready for the opening ride of biking season in February. I'll keep my running mileage by running eight mile runs on the weekends and 5 milers twice during the week. Something like that, haven't thought it out fully since my mind is on the upcoming 26.2 miles. My point (yes I have one) is I'm only going to take out the piercing while training for serious runs. It goes back in Sunday afternoon.

Oh and momofboys, about that screenname...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit