I wish I had not gone to the meeting last night

by stillin 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

The first thing I saw when I went in was the two video screens having the Watchtower singers Chorus doing a number. The sound wasn't up enough to make out the song, but the video was grotesque. The singers were swaying to the music, all independent of each other, no discipline, actually sloppy-looking. This violates my sense of aesthetics and propriety. A polished performance, published and presented for public consumption shouldn't look like wiggly-wiggly. But then, when the congregation stood to sing a song, many felt that they were now licensed to sway and bob to the music. As you can imagine, this included some gigantic back-sides! Hurts my head just remembering!

Bad enough, but the meeting included another bunker video. It was complete with the sounds of an angry worldly crowd outside, a secret door knock, and sorrowing over the inactive brother who wasn't in the "safe room."

Drivel.FOG. Fear, Obligation, and Guilt. In spades.

• tiki
    tiki

Seriously? The swaying thing sounds very weird. The bunker fear thing disgusts me. Poor impressionable children have to get that drummed into their heads....I grew up in fear of torture and concentration camps...it leads to panic disorder..anxiety issues...depression...it is wrong on so many levels. Who wants to sway with the music after a dose of persecution preparation....its sick.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

:) Thanks for putting a smile on my face. So glad I was at home and missed all the "fun."

• zeb
    zeb

now a video of the 'mob' attacking the new gb castle might be more relevant.. Lets see how they would react.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Anyone have a link to that New Bunker video? Or is it the original one?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Oh, well. Next time pretend that what you are seeing are drunk drag queens.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Ttdtt

It was an encore of last year's bunker videos from the Remain Loyal conventions.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Sanchy It was THOSE bunker videos that woke me up with a jolt. Had the panic attack of my life at that Remain Loyal circus and broke down from the content streamed there. Can't believe they're still running with that bunker theme almost a year later. Must have worked on the sleeping masses.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I have been out for decades.....never an urge to return.

The WTBT$ has become ludicrous or worse........ silly.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Yep. The old bunker video rears its head again. I'm sitting there thinking OMG 😶

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit