facts about the JW religion

by Dawn 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

I'm putting together a brochure for release in my area - to local churches and bookstores. On the first panel I want to explain to the reader why the JW religion is not a "harmless" little church. So I decided to list in bullet format a few facts that the average person may not be aware of.

For example, bullet 1 will be information on the number of children who have died because of refusing blood (any ideas where I can find exact numbers??)

I also thought of including information on the scream/don't scream scenario, and of course, disfellowshipping and the pedophilia problem

Other ideas??

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Can I have a copy when you are done? I want to distribute them, too.

worldlygirl

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I don't know...it might be fun to throw in the fact that the god they worship will destroy 99.9% of all humans at Arrmagedon...

• Joker10
    Joker10

Why not a brochure about Muslims? The number of people they have killed is in the millions.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

JOKER,

You actually bring up a good point...people keep insisting Islam is a religion of peace INSPITE of the fact that Muhammad was a man of violence.

• heathen
    heathen

While your at it ,let's take a look at the catholic church and their murderous policies through out history .

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I don't believe in the concept of the "lesser of evils." Just because JW's aren't the only religion with questionable policies, doesn't make their policies right. Evil is evil. Period.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Heathen,

Aside from the fact that the Catholic Churches history is well documented and often quite overstated...let's stick to the last 100 years at least. Besides which...at least the founder of the Catholic Church wasn't a warrior...as is the case with Islam...but back to the JW pamphlet...perhaps an example or two of intentional misquotes on their part.

• Celia
    Celia

When the JWs visit you, and try to have you come to one of their meetings, they will emphasize that contrary to other religions, they don't pass a basket during service for money donations.... They don't tell you that you have to pay for the magazines and books you are obligated to have as a JW, and those magazines that you are supposed to "place" on you door-to-door service. They won't tell you how often during the meetings they are asked to give more to the worldwide work or the Kingdhom Hall Fund or whatever... They won't show you the annual request by the Watch Tower Society in the magazine to give, and how this can be done (jewelry, bonds, stocks, properties, etc).

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

You may also want to include the Psychological effect of shunning/ostracizing.

Devon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit