facts about the JW religion

by Dawn 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

Thanks Brymichmom and onintwo. I found it.

I'm going to keep the brochure really simple:

1) Info to get the reader interested into why they should care - I listed just three major points: (1) people forcing shunning if they accept transfusions - and children dying for this...(2) pedophilia problem...(3) fun quote from the WT saying that a woman would be willing submitting to rape if she didn't scream (nitwits!)

2) A short blip about how they can help simply by being prepared to "witness" to the witness when they come to the door

3) Two easy topics to "witness" on. (I'm still working on this one)

4) A section with links to more sites and info in case the reader is interested

It'll probably take me a few weeks to finish up but I'll make it available to ya'll when I'm done.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Dawn,check out the book by David A.Reed."BLOOD ON THE ALTAR" The story about the ongoing tragedy among Jehovah's Witnesses is a tale that must be told.

Blueblades

• El Cid
    El Cid

Why not mention how the Watchtower Soceity strongly discourages it young members from attending a college, university, or any other institution offering higher education?

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

El Cid, that is a good one, too.

However, I think they have softened that policy. I know very few JWs (in real life), but of those few, one is in university now, and another is planning on going. Their Dad is a CO or something like that, and pretty hard line from what I have heard, but he and his wife are very smart people, and I think he knows that if his boys get an education, they can get farther in life.

Overall, I do think most JW kids are still not encouraged to go to college. From what I read on the forum, it seems to depend on the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit