Why Do JW Speakers and GB Members Sound So Robotic?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Because they are programmed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Damn, Vanderhoven beat me to it.

• minimus
    minimus

I know in 3 different congregations when the speaker didn’t show up , the elders played talks I had given earlier. I would get calls telling me how much they enjoyed my talk... lol

That would NEVER HAPPEN these days.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Quite literally programmed. Computer programs follow a script. So do JW public speakers.

Some public talks give a little more leeway because the speaker is given an outline. But many talks at conventions and assemblies, the speaker has to literally read word for word. The same goes with many of the talks on JW Broadcasting. They are all following scripts...even the Governing Body.

• zeb
    zeb

so who is the ugly midget behind the curtain?...

• Giordano
    Giordano

The JW's are known as a religion however the truth of the matter is that at heart it's simply one big corporation.

A corporation over the years evolves a corporate culture....

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/corporate-culture.asp

"Corporate culture refers to the beliefs and behaviors that determine how a company's employees and management interact and handle outside business. Often, corporate culture is implied, not expressly defined, and develops organically over time from the cumulative traits of the people the company hires."

Unfortunately JW leadership has become a massive failure....I think we hear it and see it when members of the GB and their assistants (future GB's in waiting) speak to the JW population.

Their minions seek to sound and even look like the GB.

If we had to define this culture the most honest evaluation is that it is a 'Hierarchy' Culture. And that creates an inbreeding factor that makes real change difficult.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Even the best speakers are given no leeway. We had one CO who was quite engaging until his first visit after the overlapping crap. He seemed to have lost his spark; I think because he realized what a predicament he was in.

The best talks were the ones made up off outline, or the ones where a better off speaker just gave a traveligue of his last vacation.

Remember Knorr? Running late giving facts about everything? He would "ask" if he should continue, and what else could you do but clap in agreement and wonder when he would shut up

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Last time I went to the ASSembly hall in Montreal summer of 2015 as a last ditch effort to possibly start up again I promptly had a panic attack as I listened to a middle aged couple being interviewed. It was truly a gut wrenching experience as I just got up and ran out before passing out. Went to bathroom to splash some cold Montreal city water on my face. I knew then I was done, the end..

Never set foot in any JW facility after that, your body is telling you something.

Let's review folks : It's a cult !

• Syme
    Syme

The worst are the ones that don't sound robotic. They are the most fanatical.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

The JW's are known as a religion however the truth of the matter is that at heart it's simply one big corporation.

I got soundly told off when I made a similar observation. I mentioned that it is wtb&ts INC. and that the minute the INC. was added it became a CORPORATION, and as such it had to function as a corporation including how the main focus was the financial bottom line. Sheesh, talk about a spit flying response from the elder I said that too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit