Why Do JW Speakers and GB Members Sound So Robotic?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Everyone sounds like they came out of Stepford Wives.

Is this supposed to be the way Witnesses are to speak?

• asp59
    asp59

Lack of emotion in a subject you speak abouth usually means lack of interest in subject.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Why Do JW Speakers and GB Members Sound So Robotic? - because freedom of thought, opinion and belief is strictly verboten among J-Dubs, on pain of shunning.

"Vee heff veyz off making you sink da same!" XD

Anyone else remember being bored shitless at a Thursday meeting, and then being asked if you agree with the congregation's proposal on some matter?

And then raising your hand in the air, wishing for said meeting to end?

Yep, me too XD

• sparky1
    sparky1

Krazy, ain't it. In the 1970's I was counseled that I put too much feeling and animation into my Watchtower reading on Sundays. Drone....drone...drone....drone...drone

• minimus
    minimus

I was always considered a very good public speaker and sought after by many people in the congregation to be a public talk speaker. I had been in many assemblies and conventions. In the mid 90s, they really wanted you to lose personality and style Of speaking and almost READ your talk. I noticed that the blander the speaker, the more he was on the platform.

Now though, it’s really boring and uninspiring.

• sir82
    sir82

The robot-designer who came up with Lett should be put in the stocks along with the "autumnal mead" guy.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Why Do JW Speakers and GB Members Sound So Robotic?

Coz they are Robots programmed by Watchtower.

• flipper
    flipper

Because they're cult members. Pretty much it. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

anything that they do that is the exact opposite of mainstream religious orders where most of them yell, scream, and cry on stage to get your attention(and money). JW,s want to appear to be in control and matter of fact that they really do have the truth. At least they want to give the impression of calm and reason when compared to Christendom,s preachers like Swaggart and Billy Graham who almost had you in tears by the time they are at the conclusion of their sermon.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Like any robot they have the particularity of not having any blood flowing in their veins. If you nevertheless are skeptical about this reality, all what you have to do to dispel your doubts is to ask them to show you their small secret card, on which it is written in red capital letters : "NO BLOOD". Then you will easily understand why they sound so robotic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit