News! Building Committee Condemning Kingdom Halls!

by metatron 25 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Sunnygal, stories such as you describe happen again and again.

These poor people can't see what's killing them. Their bodies are rebelling against Witness negativity

and judgementalism.

metatron

• heathen
    heathen

I think there are plenty of people who fake illness to get out of work or something they don't like but unless they have sound proof of that then it's very much a show of a lack of compassion for someone who was a victim of the WTBTS building project . I would think they would be eager to help someone under those circumstances . to the WTBTS.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I can't account for what's going on in the Kingdom Halls, but as for me, I can tell you it was the God's honest truth. I worked in an art department of a major manufacturing firm, and broke out with hives from hell when I was preggers. I wasn't even a Witness, though I can assure you, if I *was* a Witness, it would have only made it more miserable. the minute i came into work, I broke out with my eyes, tongue, cheeks, and lips swelling at the size of watermelons. My doctor determined that I had become allergic to the art department chemicals. I went off my job with disability, but the hives kept coming. I had become allergic to life. I took blood tests, and lo and behold I was allergic to most everything that was invented by humans. I had to lessen my load. The only way to do this was to cut down on my exposure to human chemicals. It was miserable. I took shots in my leg for three years, wore all cotton clothes, ate organic foods, no meat, no alcohol. Washed and brushed my teeth with peppermint soap for three years, so did my kid. It was awful. I hope that never happens to anyone. The hives lasted eight years. Now I'm back to my old chemical usin self. <grin> But I truly feel bad for ANYONE who has environmental allergies. Believe me.. trust me.. they *are* real.. they *do* exist.. and they *are* miserable.

CG

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

The quick build hall caused many in our hall to feel rather uncomfortable. Esp. when the roof leaked on to those in the audience. So much for quality work.

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

I have heard that there are a few halls in the New England area and also in the Pacific Northwest, of the United States, that have some significant mold problems. Even confirmed by Companies that are qualified to make these statements. These are some serious claims and many of these molds can put people in the hospital. It is still a debate among the watchtower, people not qualified to make these statements, what the causes are of the mold. But, word on the street is that most of the halls had problems during the quick builds. Some had rain during that time and the work went on, some had old barns that were remodeled into halls, and all use the modern building technique of making it airtight. Then you couple in the fact that there is not a lot of air movement that occurs in kingdom halls, of people moving from one room to another, and you get a situation where the mold can thrive. I think that the borg is putting together a group of its own members to try to fix some of these problems, but probably make things worse. And yes, I have heard that they will just sell some of the halls that are to big of problems.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

The Augusta Congregation had that problem. I don't know if it fixed it, but they did a remodel on it 4 or 5 years ago and included a fresh air exchange on the heating and cooling. They had a mold problem so bad you could see it on the paneling. Many complained of various sicknesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit