Dear typer-ers, you're doing it wrong!

by Simon 43 Replies latest forum tech-support

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow! Being an old fart (and yet, under 50), I didn't  know that other posters were insulting me with their spacing and being dismissive of what I have to say-before they even know it will be me posting. I WILL take my revenge when it happens again

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

3. ' .... A sentence should have no break for such thing is evil in the sight of god and makes those who's screens are different widths to yours not be able to read as smoothly as otherwise they might'

Does Simon want us to listen to smooth words?

Are we not counseled to be wary of those with smooth words?

Romans 16:18

‘Such people are not serving Christ our Lord; they are serving their own personal interests. By smooth talk and glowing words they deceive innocent people’.

Prov 5:3

‘For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil…’

Ps. 55:21

His speech was smooth as butter,
        yet war was in his heart;
    his words were softer than oil,
        yet they were drawn swords.

What would Anthony Morris say?  Simon chastising us, telling us to  use 'tight' sentences and not baggy spacing. Perhaps he would approve. First the changes in the website [doctrine] and then the Pharisee's rules start. Put your words here, make the sentence thus and so.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    • Village Idiot
      Village Idiot9 hours ago
      I thought that this thread had something to do with type/anti-type theory.

Lol VI!
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Wow! 

Well I must say Simon, I think over all I obey the typing rules, and I do skip posts that have a bad layout, but really aren't you being a little OCD about it.

You have mentioned it before and I don't think you're going to change those who don't use proper layouts.

I may be wrong though.

Kate xx

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Kate it's overall not over all. Jebus! When will people get a freaking clue!!!!
  • St George of England
    St George of England

I'm definitely in the "olde farte" class.

Is this why about 2,000 (or should it be 2000 or 2.000) of my posts have just disappeared?  Punishment maybe?

George

• jhine
    jhine

Simon , just after imploring our cousins from across the pond to not use the word period , whoops , you are guilty of the same offence ! 

Please be consistant or we will not take you seriously . 

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Guilty as charged, that is for the double line between paragraphs. This happened on my last post. I compiled the information in a word doc and then cut-and-paste and presto. See below link. Although I must admit it does make it easier to read.

Any Suggestions for a Campaign Strategy - How About 1925?

JW LEAKS

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    maybe we need 2 classes of membership now----farters and old farts.
  • jhine
    jhine

stan , not a very attractive choice , can I have another alternative please ? 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit