Any Suggestions for a Campaign Strategy - How about 1925?

by jwleaks 26 Replies latest members campaign

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

My contribution ... a campaign to highlight that this year (2015) will mark the 90th anniversary of the failure of the prophecy and prediction of J.F. Rutherford and the "faithful and discreet slave" (sic) that shortly after the fall of 1925 (October 1) mankind will start to witness the resurrection of the faithful men of old.

By way of reminder:

HERE ARE SOME GREAT QUOTES FROM WATCHTOWER PUBLICATIONS ABOUT 1925

1924-5 "After 1925 expect shortly Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob.. No doubt many boys and girls who read this book will live to see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Daniel, and those other men of old come forth in the glory of their better resurrection, of perfect in mind and body. It will not take long for Christ to appoint them to their post of honor and authority as his earthly representatives. The world and all the present conveniences will seem strange to them at first, but they will soon become accustomed to the new methods. They may have some amusing experiences at first; for they never saw telephones, radios, automobiles, electric lights, aeroplanes, steam engines, and many other things so familiar to us." {The Way To Paradise, p.224-6}

1925 "[By 1925] You will have secured the services of the best decorators you can find. Some of them used to be undertakers; but since there are no more people dying, they have had to seek some new occupation. Their experience as undertakers prepared them to become decorators with very little difficulty." {The Way To Paradise, p.228}

1925 "The great Pyramid of Egypt, standing as a silent and inanimate witness of the Lord, is a messenger; and its testimony speaks with great eloquence concerning the divine plan (Isaiah 19:19).. Arius .. Waldo .. John Wycliffe .. Martin Luther [were all] part of God's Organization." {Watchtower, May 15, 1925, p.148-9}

1925 "You have made all preparations for father and mother. The home is all ready; a special room is prepared for them, fitted with every thing you can think of that might give pleasure and delight. You then call up the princes at Jerusalem, state your case, and make request that your father and your mother might be awakened. In joyful expectancy you wait. Some morning you hear talking in the room you have prepared. There was no one there last night. You know that there are no thieves or intruders; for all such experiences have been eliminated. You do not need to be fearful; so you listen at the door. You hear father's familiar voice saying, 'Mother, where are we? Are we dreaming? Why, I thought I attended your funeral last summer; then I was taken sick, and they had the doctor, and that is the last I can remember.' Mother says: 'I don't understand it either, Dear. The last I can remember is that I was so sick, and you and the doctors were standing at the bedside, and you were holding my hand. What has happened? We are not sick now, and this room is different from any room I ever saw. It is so beautiful and everything is so peaceful. Just hear those birds sing, and did you ever! Why, where did you get that suit of clothes? You are handsome as you were on our wedding day.'" {The Way To Paradise, p.228-9}

1925 "We understand that the jubilee type began to count in 1575 B.C.; and the 3,500 year period embracing the type must end in 1925.. It follows, then, that the year 1925 will mark the beginning of the restoration of all things lost by Adam's disobedience." {Watchtower, November 1, 1922, p.346}

1925 "We cannot be blamed for presenting from the Scriptures such evidence as they afford which leads us to believe that a certain event will take place at a given time. Some times the Lord has let His people looking for the right thing at the wrong time, and more frequently they have looked for the wrong things at the right time. But all the enemies of the cause of present truth in the earth are fervently hoping that the Bible students will not be so successful in 1925 in looking for the right thing at the right time as they were in 1914. if they are, however, it will be the other fellow that will have to do the explaining, and not we." {Golden Age (now Awake!) February 13, 1924, p.314}

1925 "Have we more reason, or as much, to believe the kingdom will be established in 1925 than Noah had to believe that there would be a flood? .. Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures, marking the end of the typical jubilees. Just exactly what will happen at that time no one can tell to a certainty; but we expect such a climax in the affairs of the world that the people will begin to realize the presence of the Lord and his kingdom power.. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had (so far as the Scriptures reveal) upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." {Watchtower, March 1, 1923, p.106}

1925 "This vision of the prophet Ezekiel depicts the established theocratic Kingdom of God on earth, civil and religious, spiritual and earthly .. The Temple .. is a type and symbol of 'better things to come', after the wars, revolutions and anarchy of the period from 1914 to 1925 have passed." {The Finished Mystery, p.569} [The Finished Mystery, 1926 ed replaces "period from 1914 to 1925" with "time of trouble"]

1925 "The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914" {Watchtower, 1924, p.211}

1925 "We have no doubt whatever in regard to the chronology relating to the dates of .. 1925.. What further evidence do we need? Using this same measuring line .. it is an easy matter to locate 1925, probably in the fall, for the beginning of the antitypical jubilee. There can be no more question about 1925 than there was about 1914." {Watchtower, May 15, 1922, p.150}

1925 "The chief thing to be restored is the human race to life; and since other Scriptures definitely fix the fact that there will be a resurrection of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and other faithful ones of old, and that these will have the first favor, we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected and fully restored to perfect humanity and made the visible, legal representatives of the new order of things on earth.. They are to be resurrected as perfect men and constitute the princes or rulers in the earth .. Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection.. A simple calculation of these jubilees brings us to this important fact: Seventy jubilees of fifty years each would be a total of 3500 years. That period of time beginning 1575 years before A.D. 1 of necessity would end in the fall of 1925, at which time the type ends and the great antitype must begin. What, then, should we expect to take palace? In the type there must be a full restoration; beginning of restoration of all things." {Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p.88-90}

1925 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." {Watchtower, April 1, 1923, p.106}

1925 "Based upon the argument heretofore set forth, then, that the old order of things, the old world, is ending and is therefore passing away, and that the new order is coming in, and that 1925 shall mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old and the beginning of reconstruction, it is reasonable to conclude that millions of people now on the earth will be still on the earth in 1925. Then, based upon the promises set forth in the divine Word, we must reach the positive and indisputable conclusion that millions now living will never die." {Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p.97}

1925 "The period must end in 1925. The type ending, the antitype must begin; and therefore 1925 is definitely fixed in the scriptures. every thinking person can see that a great climax is at hand. The Scriptures clearly indicate that the climax is the fall of Satan's empire and the full establishment of the Messianic kingdom. This climax being reached by 1925, and that marking the beginning of the fulfillment of the long promised blessings of life to the people, millions now living on earth will be living then and those who obey the righteous laws of the new arrangement will live forever. Therefore it can be confidently said at this time that millions now living will never die." {Golden Age (now Awake!), January 4, 1922, p.217}

1925 "There is no food that is right food for the morning meal. At breakfast is no time to break a fast. Keep up the daily fast until the noon hour.. Drink plenty of water two hours after each meal; drink none just before eating; and a small quantity if any at meal time. Good buttermilk is a health drink at meal times and in between. Do not take a bath until two hours after eating a meal, nor closer than one hour before eating. Drink a full glass of water both before and after the bath." {Golden Age (now Awake!), September 9, 1925, p.784-5}

1925 "Not until 1925 was 'the time of trouble' scripturally understood." {Watchtower, February 1, 1938, p.35}

1925 ".. about April 1, 1925, at which time we may expect the resurrection of the Ancient Worthies .." {Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p.110}

1925 "They had preached that in an early time God would overthrow "Christendom". Many had emphasized the year 1925 .." {Watchtower, February 15, 1938, p.54}

1925 "Further, the widely circulated booklet Millions Now Living Will Never Die presented the view that in 1925, God's purposes regarding the restoring of the earth to Paradise and the resurrecting of the faithful ones of old would begin to be fulfilled." {Watchtower, November 1, 1993, p.12}

1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year." {Watchtower, January 1, 1925, p.3}

1925 "It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated, the thought that 1925 should see an end to the work .." {Watchtower, September, 1925, p.262}

1925 "Be that as it may, there is evidence that the establishment of the Kingdom in Palestine will probably be in 1925, ten years later than we once calculated." {The Finished Mystery, p.128}

1925 "Some one asked me the other day: Suppose you should be here in 1925 what would you do? I said, I believe I will be home in the Pleiades before then .." {Watchtower, November 1, 1920, p.334}

1925 "I have named this new discovery, which I believe will be epochal in the history of the treatment of disease, and which I am exclusively announcing in THE GOLDEN AGE prior to its general publication elsewhere, The Electronic Radio Biola, which means life renewed by radio waves or electrons. The Biola automatically diagnoses and treats diseases by the use of the electronic vibrations. The diagnosis is 100 percent correct, rendering better service in this respect than the most experienced diagnostician.. The principle of operation of the Biola is the collection... of the disease vibrations.. the fluid containing the same waves or vibrations enters the body, meets the disease waves and destroys them.. This is a great step forward, marking the Biola as the most valuable treatment apparatus obtainable today, and well worthy of notice in the columns of a magazine like THE GOLDEN AGE.." {Golden Age (now Awake! April 22, 1925, p.454} [Commercial advertisement for sale of 'The Electronic Radio Biola' appearing on p. 479 of the Golden Age]

1925 "The year 1925 came and went. Jesus' anointed followers were still on earth as a class. The faithful men of old time - Abraham, David and others - had not been resurrected to become princes in the earth. (Ps. 45:16) So, as Anna MacDonald recalls: '1925 was a sad year for many brothers. Some of them were stumbled; their hopes were dashed .. Instead of it's being considered a 'probability', they read into it that it was a 'certainty' and some prepared for their loved ones with expectations of their resurrection." {Yearbook, 1975, p.146}

1925 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures because it is fixed by the law God gave to Israel. Viewing the present situation in Europe, one wonders how it will be possible to hold back the explosion much longer; and that even before 1925 the great crisis will be reached and probably passed." {Watchtower, September 1, 1922, p.262}

1925 "Bible Students, known since 1931 as Jehovah's Witnesses, also expected that the year 1925 would see the fulfillment of marvelous Bible prophecies." {Awake!, June 22, 1995, p.9}

1925 "There will be no slip-up .. Abraham should enter upon the actual possession of his promised inheritance in the year 1925 A.D." {Watchtower, October 15, 1917, p.6157}

1925 "Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything." {Watchtower, 1926, p.232}

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Excellent material, thanks!

I will gladly share this wonderful spiritual food which was prepared by the faithful slave who was personally selected by God & Christ - unlike our present jewellery-clad rabble!!!

My fellow Witnesses can only be overjoyed - nay, ecstatic - at receiving such divine, unfailing & unchanging truths from the original FDS.

• prologos
    prologos

jwleaks, why do you say 90st anniversary of the failure is so important? in 3 years the false prophecy will be a hundred years old. yes, and it is the 40st anniversary of the 1975 denouement. 

that is a great listing , more than the 2 witness rule requires! thanks. 

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    I'm about to read a couple of these to the elder I work with.  Bear I'm mind I'm still in,  so wish me luck! 
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Bear I'm mind I'm still in,  so wish me luck!

Tread lightly.

Doc

I'm safe with him,  he knows my opinion. I trust him. He didn't comment in the 1925 stuff but the conversation got on to how it bothered him about the new disrespectful baptism arrangement where instead of sitting respectfully we all clear off and have lunch!  Oh,  and how ridiculous the last couple of WT studys have been.  

He's thinking,  but he's fighting thinking. 

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

disp hero of hype

i wonder what he will make of the march 2015 study wt...

I've not even read it myself yet,  suppose I'd better gen up on it to prepare to give a witness ! 

He was also talking about the WT study the week before,  how contrived the Bethel experiences sounded.  

Sorry for  taking the thread off topic jw leaks,  it's a cracking selection of quotes,  I've copied them into my files   thanks for posting! 

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    jwleaks, why do you say 90st anniversary of the failure is so important? in 3 years the false prophecy will be a hundred years old. 

prologos, the 90th anniversary this year of the failure is the calculation from 1925 to 2015 = 90. It refers to the failure of the fulfilment of anything significant actually happening in 1925.

• cofty
    cofty
    Excellent research thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit