Where else can I go???

by UNCONDITIONAL LOVE 15 Replies latest jw friends

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

Those are the words of my 2nd generation born in JW mother. My grandfather died refusing blood. I've since come to the realization that many JWs have no other opportunities or options when it comes to leaving the cult. They have invested so much time and energy into this cult that they are now mentally and physically stuck in the belief system and doctrines of the cult, with no higher education or economic foundation, a plan B, to put it in plain English, to pick up and leave. That is exactly where this cult wants them. They made a bet on this being the truth and put all their chips in. They rely on this cult and those they associate with within it for aide, like a network and they are to afraid to disconnect. So it begs the question are they truly relying on "God"? Of course not! They have devoted their life to this cult, so even if there are red flags and truths about this cult being exposed, they feel they have no choice but to suck it up and ride the wave where ever it may go. I feel for the many who are the captives of this Dooms day cult. I can understand that for many living in some difficult conditions, especially in other countries with little to no economic or industrial structure this is the best ticket in town. If this cult hopes to survive into the ever present future they will need to abandon the disfellowshipping doctrine, end week night meetings and end door knocking, and just become a social club which it is already disguised as religion.

With love,

• steve2
    steve2

Imagine if a churchgoer said this. JWs would use it as proof that churchgoers base their faith on their leaders and not God and the Bible.

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

Exactly Steve2 it is blatantly obvious, JWs are now like the "sheep without a shepherd"...

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

John 6:68 Lord to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

JW's typically misquote this scripture and say WHERE shall we go, rather than to WHOM shall we go.

They replace God and Jesus with the Governing Body and the JW Organization and equate leaving it, with leaving God himself.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Where did a sincere Christian living before the advent of Watchtower, had to go after exiting the corrupt Catholic Church? Who was God's organization back then?

That's all you have to ask them. They teach that God had no organization on earth during the centuries after the apostasy started and before C.T. Russell started things going. So they teach that the scenario of God not having a true organization on earth, existed in the past! All you have to do is take that teaching - their own teaching - and extend that scenario to the present. God still doesn't have an organization.

They will counter by pointing to scriptures in Daniel and elsewhere that talk about many roving about and the true knowledge becoming abundant in the time of the end. They will say that the bible prophecies a restoration of true worship in "the time of the end". But guess what: that still doesn't refute your argument because "the time of the end" has not ended yet and they can't tell you when "the time of the end" will end!

So you can simply respond by agreeing with them that there will indeed be a restoration of true worship that the scriptures talk about but is not with the JWs and has not happened yet but is still yet future. They cannot tell you exactly how long the time of the end is and they have no way of demonstrating exactly when during "the time of the end" that true worship is supposed to be established. But you have the JW organization's long, well-documented history of false teachings, lies and false prophecies to prove that they're not the restoration of true worship!

• UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE

Pete zahut very true

Island man yes! The JWs have beliefs in a doctrine, that when properly studied and examined, becomes nothing more than an blatant and elaborate oxymoron. Most JWs are so desperately undereducated that they can't see the forest for the tress...

• sir82
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, we see the faces of our family. Aging with no savings, retirement or education to fall back on. It is sad but they really have no where else to go. They have NO worldly friends and there family is all in. Most of our family do not even know their neighbors. We know our neighbors and have found out that most would give you the shirt off their backs if they had to. They know if they left they would have no one. What a terrible, sad way to exist. WT is a social club, nothing more.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Sunday brunch?

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Oh my...I've actually had this said to me tonight in an email.

'Yes, we feel terrible about what's going on (sexual abuse cases) but where else can we go? This is Jehovah's organization and we must leave him to sort it out.....'

I wanted to email back and say 'whom!!! not where!' but I didn't. What's the point? You can't get through to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit