What Makes You Read & Post On This Site?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

I love the intellectual stimulation! And every now and again someone will post a topic that will hit me hard! An area not yet purged of the J-dud crap! There are a few intellectual bullies here but generally the atmosphere is respectful. I will ponder all day some of the things brought out here. I like the newbies and hope in some small way to be helpful to them! Plus I want to see what question you will come up with next Min! Maverick

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I came here originally because of a link from Randy Watters site. After that I started reading regularly to get other peoples opinion so I could get a "rounded-out" view. Then I just felt I had to comment on some threads which then progressed to me starting threads myself -- I have stayed because I have got to know a lot of you and you all seem like a nice bunch of people - so that is my story

• shamus
    shamus

Well, I was a lurker. I was working through my depressino, and the causes of it... the WTBTS being a large part of it, this board helped me work through these issues and put things in perspective. Believe me, I am very very very thankful for Simon and Anghard for this place! Oh, and the mods for helping out, too!

I post here to vent mainly.

• minimus
    minimus

I think this place might be very underestimated. I'll bet that tons of people (lurkers), are INFLUENCED by what they see here. This site has evolved into a place where all types of people can chat without feeling like they're going to get their heads handed to them....much more inviting.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I think you are right Minimus.. sometimes we don't even hear a word from some who only read but an impact is still being made.. and I am quite sure a positive one.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Original reason:

My old man gave me the "you know it's the truth, Armageddons close" bullshite and I started googling.

why did you make your first post?

I found a bunch of people very much like me. I didn't realise they existed.

And why do you stay here?

I don't post a lot, but believe me, I am here. I get a lot of inspiration here, and find that many have/had similar problems to me. It is a real boost to my moral.

Posting can be difficult much of the time as my JW wife hates me being here and I am trying not to disturb the peace too much, so I restrict it to while she is out

• minimus
    minimus

There's a lot of people like Black Sheep. We need to help people get out. Everytime someone reads this board, there is the possibility that another person can start enjoying life NOW, in this "system".... Folks, it ain't all so bad! Life outside the WATCHTOWER is really pretty good and a lot better than it was while we were "in". Trust me.

• minimus
    minimus

Once again, since there's so many new ones here, I'm wondering why you are reading and posting. Is it because after lurking you can't get away from the fact that we here are not wrong---after all?

• KW13
    KW13

Partly its a therapy for us all, the witnesses cut you out and patch up the hole when you leave. We need people who've experienced the pain we've felt and what we've suffered. No JW can truly say they looked at the evidence, the evidence they have for all their beliefs is from the Society and that means its biased. Here we have all the evidence, we weigh it against other evidence and come to a clear conclusion. The bible isnt a mystery as the jw's make people believe, and each scripture can stand on its own, and against history. It doesn't need books written by man to explain each scripture because that allows for mans agenda to take over, and in this case greed for money. The society is rich. Do we set out to destroy the JW's religion? Personally i don't, and although its not going to happen, if i was shown that the JW's had it right, i would apologise. My motives for showing them what i've seen, heard and experienced arent to knock their faith, i am showing them the 'truth' about the 'truth' they take to peoples doors, they take on such a responsibility and drastically change lives, i don't put myself out there and alter what i am not sure of because if i am wrong, i am to blame. People who leave suffer (as i did) from depression and varied problems, some even get so bad as to take their life. That is the effect of a cult and i know not what God would cause to happen, if he is in the midst of any people on this planet its not them. Socially this site is amazing, people all over the world share their view, and honestly i love to read what people say, because unlike the JW's i am not afraid, i have nothing to defend and i even set out to PROVE them right rather than myself right, there is no bias and i am open minded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit