Anyone watch World Idol?

by morrisamb 29 Replies latest social entertainment

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Well for instance look at the first winners. Where are they now? The fat chick and the light skinned black kid made a movie in the summer and it was judged by critics as one of the worst ten movies this year! Ruben was invovled in a contraversal clothing label deal. The skinny gay white boy has a record, but I garantee you none of these winners will ever reacj superstardom.

For heavens sake these people dont even play instruments!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    For heavens sake these people dont even play instruments!

I could be wrong but neither does Cher or Streisand or Sinatra or Tina Turner or David Bowie or Mick Jagger or Roger Daltry (WHO)

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Good point Lady Lee...

May I add to Got my forty homey, that I don't think it's very nice to describe someone as "fat chick" or "skinny gay white boy"-- since you mean it in a deragatory way...

sign me, former skinny gay white boy

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I didn't mean it in a derogatory way, its just I don't know the names of these people. Sorry if I offended you. My wife has informed me that that I meant Kelly and Clay. Shes more into the Idol thing that I am. I just feel its to canned and tacky. They can all sing better than me however!

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

got my forty homey? Thanks for clarifying...it could have been taken either way. It is true we do use those descriptions...I was not offended but I know some would be. Peace and have a happy new year!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Gmy40: They are just beginning and so far they are doing great. Nikki McKibben is releasing an album this winter. You forget that many are one hit wonders in the music industry. Clay I think will be a Sinatra of this generation. Kelly can flat out sing, her songs rocks. TIME it takes time remember Britney started in the Mickey Mouse Club and Star Search

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I guess my ignorance on all of these people is that I hate the kind of music these people sing, so Im not "up" on it. Im more into west coast rap, jazz and salsa music.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

GM40: Well Jazz and Salsa is ok .....also you complained about them not playing instruments errrr I don't see any rap artists sporting a guitar....

• shera
    shera

I liked the hobit guy as well,poor guy tho...Simon(the judge) can be such a pi$$ a$$.There was no need to put their looks down.

I thought Kelly sang wonderful,Canada was good as well.I also liked the Aussie.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

But Rap is not music, its urban poetry/fantasy!

Make the music with your mouth Biz!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit