Anyone watch World Idol?

by morrisamb 29 Replies latest social entertainment

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

LOL u2k! You know, you're more entertaining than most trolls.

disclaimer: If you are not a troll then I apologize. Carry on with your humorous posts.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Sheila M--only one judge said a negative thing about Kelly and it was my Canadian judge..I was embarassed about that...actually some of the posters here said worse, so it wasn't too bad...LOL

He said something like her style doesn't cut the fringe of the greats. Considering how well she sang, it seemed ridiculous and that's why Simon C. tore a strip off him.

Let me tell ya, the Polish judge who was hilarious came up with the cruelest lines of the evening.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Morr: Thanks I was wondering. I myself like Kelly a lot she has a wonderful voice and her songs so far. I didn't vote last time I like Clay he has a wonderful voice but I was confident that he or Ruben would win so I sat and just watched. The first one I liked Nikki Mckibben a lot I was sorry to see not much as happened with her.

GotMY40: I have no idea what you mean since someone does win and does get a recording contract??????????????

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Hi Sheila M..I think Gotmy40 was kidding...well, I hope so.

Anyways, Nikki, was she the one that came in 3rd and had a young son...I thought she was gorgeous and when she sang a song suited to her, she was great...a lot of people took shots at her though.

I preferred Reuben to Clay but even more Kimberley...loved her!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Actually quite a few of them get contracts.

And I don't really think of this as a "country" idol but rather as a bunch of young kids being given the chance of a lifetime

And personally I think the second place winners have a better chance of hitting it big since they are not tied into the Idol contracts the way the winners are

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

I never watched it yet....

C.C

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I am really thankful that none of you mentioned Germany. :(

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

You must have watched it or know of it...well, the German representative simply chose the wrong son. He tried hard and I know he was disappointed with the judges comments.

I've been to Germany - beautiful country!

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Yeah they get record contracts but its not hyped and publicised like the real players, Beyonce, Jay z. I've seen their records and my wife has even purchased Rubens last titles but none of the winners go on to be superstars.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

superstars????? Huh aren't you pushing it a tad? It takes time to get to superstardom. These kids are just starting out. Give them a break

Heck give me a break

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit