Is There ANY JW Belief That You Still Believe In???

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I still believe in the Slave Class, the 144000, the "truth", the great crowd of other sheep, the elder arrangement, the worldwide brotherhood, and the Nethinim class.

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

Someone PM'd me to ask how to find that quiz on Paganism that I mentioned, as an aid to discovering one's Pagan path. I (re-)discovered that beliefnet.com doesn't have a link to it, although it's from the same source as their more general Belief-O-Matic (tm) quiz. Here's a link for those interested in finding out "which witch [type]" they are: Which Pagan Path Do You Follow?

I imagine that non-pagans can indulge in a lot of happy and productive spiritual self-discovery via SelectSmart.com, also.

I'm actually avoiding retaking the quizzes, for fear that my "beliefs" have evolved away from my ostensible path. (But I LIKE the path!) One of the things I like about Druidry is that it is non-dogmatic, so it actually doesn't matter if I am a Druid with shamanic / Native American / Buddhist / Hindu / Asatruar / Wiccan leanings, or whatever. In fact, being "just a Druid" with no interest in other paths would almost indicate that one hasn't gotten the point of her/his Druidic studies.

Cruithne the Bard

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

All that leg-pulling hurts! My legs are long enough already....

Cruithne

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

To answer the question posted: NO!

• pamkw
    pamkw

I can't think of anything that I still believe from my jw years. I especially don't believe in waiting for the future at the expense of the present. I don't believe God is going to come and fix my life by killing everyone else on the planet.

Pam

• minimus
    minimus

Yes---Don't live for today. Only live for the future!!! They expect you to stop living in this world and dwell on the future! Dumb....

• wednesday
    wednesday

Really, just the trinity, and hellfire(per what i have read, those aren't JW beliefs, just disbeliefs). Any other thing from the JWS, i could have gotten from any other congregation or church, or even psychology, or good parents, a half way decent school system, and on a and on.

• Soledad
    Soledad

cant think of any really. unlike most of you, even while I was a JW I did believe in hell, trinity and immortal soul. Maybe it's illogical, but so is the entire bible. I never had any trouble grasping the concept of god-the-father god-the-son and god-the h.s.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

still believe in the Slave Class, the 144000, the "truth", the great crowd of other sheep, the elder arrangement, the worldwide brotherhood, and the Nethinim class.

Please tell me you are fu----g bu---------g me minimus

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

I still believe that wholesome entertainment is ver, very upbuilding. Please note the most frightening face in the USA proving this point beyond doubt :

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit