Is There ANY JW Belief That You Still Believe In???

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No such thing as Hell Fire

No such thing as the Trinity

Religion (all of it including the WTBTS) is a snare and a racket

Enrolling on the Theocratic Ministry School is beneficial

Smoking is bad for your health

Drinking in Moderation is good

there are others but these will do for now

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I guess the only one I strongly believe in is that marriage is a lifetime vow to God. I dont believe in divorces unless for adultery. Of course I do not look down on folks who do get divorced for other reasons.

• minimus
    minimus

Pagans are cool. Saturnlia is the best!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

The only JW/Bible teaching I still unreservedly believe is the Golden Rule. All my other religious beliefs are rooted in post-Watchtower experience.

I have come around to a belief in the immortal soul, but it's not firm enough to attempt to lay it on anybody else.

I don't believe in hellfire; I do believe in the possibility some kind of angst after death, but it's more in the nature of purgatory; when you outgrow your cowardice, (self-)hatred and distrust, it stops being horrible, and you discover that the purgatorial fire was actually the light of god's love all along. Of course I can't prove it. But the upshot is that we all fall into heaven when we die. It just takes some of us longer to get comfortable.

GentlyFeral

• minimus
    minimus

There's some exes that aren't comfortable celebrating holidays, birthdays, accepting blood, calling a priest---"Father", standing for the National Anthem and so forth. I think it's very hard to just abandon things you've believed in all your life. Saying "Merry Christmas" or "Bless you" when someone sneezes is "different" too.

• core
    core
    There's some exes that aren't comfortable celebrating holidays, birthdays, accepting blood, calling a priest---"Father", standing for the National Anthem and so forth. I think it's very hard to just abandon things you've believed in all your life. Saying "Merry Christmas" or "Bless you" when someone sneezes is "different" too.

..it's a slow progress to get free from all the shackles and the auto-reactions built in over decades. Always was funny to me how many ways JWs could respond to a simple "Happy Christmas", without saying, "and the same to you" Golden Rule still applies - but then it applied before the days of the WT

• minimus
    minimus

We were trained to say a simple "THANK YOU" to anyone that gave us a holiday greeting. When someone would sneeze in front of us, we might say, "Got a cold coming, huh?" ......No--"God bless you"......Too pagan. Yup, we were trained.

• lastcall
    lastcall

Don't believe in Hell

Don't believe that God controls everything

Don't believe in Trinity

LC

• lastcall
    lastcall

Don't believe in Hell

Don't believe that God controls everything

Don't believe in Trinity

LC

• lastcall
    lastcall

Twice for emphasis? That's the second time I've done that today!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit