Is There ANY JW Belief That You Still Believe In???

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do any here still believe in paradise earth, blood prohibitions, etc.???

• gumby
    gumby
    Do any here still believe in paradise earth

U2K does.

Gumby

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I still believe wine is good for the stomach

• Mulan
    Mulan

I still believe in showing love. They say they do, but I believe it actually applies to everyone.

I also believe Hell is not a place of torment.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm with you on hellfire, Mulan. I don't believe in the illogical trinity either.

• shotgun
    shotgun

I believe there is no eternal torment in Hell...unless you mean weekly meetings at the Kingdum hall

• gumby
    gumby

From a biblical perspective.......I give ol' freedie and Ray a big slap on the back for getting biblical doctrine correct. Upon exiting the dubs and going christian.....I never accepted Hellfire, immortality of the soul, fighting in (most wars) and the trinity. I believed in the trinity for awhile.....but dropped it, thanks to Alan F who got me thinking on many matters concerning it. The trinity was one of the deciding factors that made me wash my hands of the bible. I figured that if the bible was true......it could at least give PLAIN DETAILS on who Jesus was/is, and who the father was.

Gumby

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

I'm Pagan now. Does that answer your question?

I agree with the need for honesty and heartfelt concern for others (love), and other general stances on "how to be a better person and function effectively in society" that most religions promote and strive to adhere to. But in terms of theology, I agree with basically none of it anymore.

I took beliefnet.com's Belief-O-Matic quiz in May or June, 2002. Jehovah's Witnesses were at the very bottom of the list in terms of conformity with the "beliefs" (working hypotheses) I registered. Neo-Pagan was at the top. I took the more detailed quiz to find out which kind of Neo-Paganism I aligned with most closely, and the result was "Druidism." I knew basically nothing about Druidry at the time, but figured that it might be a good idea to learn more. All has gone well with my Druid studies, and I am scheduled for a formal initiation.

Perhaps a word or two about the time that elapsed between leaving the JWs and discovering my Druidishness: I decided to walk away from the JWs in February or March, 2000. For me, that meant re-examining everything that I had accepted as truth. Re-examination does not necessarily mean rejection; yet, I found that what was spiritually meaingful for me in the aftermath of 30+ years of JWism (experiencing what DID NOT work for me), was radically different. It was like having been on a strict, restricted diet for decades and suddenly bveing presented with a buffet of exotic foods. I discovered that I liked, and thrived on, types of foods that I had been told were distasteful, disgusting, poisonous; and that JWism and even "Biblicalism" in general were like cardboard impregnated with minimal nutrients and flavoring, in comparison. (Prior to the JWs, I had had direct experience with both Catholicism and mainline Protestantism.)

[Added in short order, via the Edit button: I can't believe that I was so extreme in my statement. I don't view Christianity as necessarily being as colorless, flavorless, and unspiritual as I may seem to have implied. I know that it is very meaningful for some people. This is a Big Topic that I don't have time or inclination to give full treatment here, nor would it be appropriate for the thread - but modern Christianity in practice tends to exclude, deny, and vilify (demonize, literally) much that is historically, and in a larger context, fundamental to human spirituality. I personally have a problem with that, finding it needlessly restrictive.]

Some have come to completely different conclusions, and that's fine.

Cruithne

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Like the Witnesses I don't believe in the Trinity, hellfire and the immortality of the soul.

Unlike the Witnesses I don't believe in the word for word inerrancy of the Bible nor in the authority of a Governing Body or Church over my conscience.

Sabrina

• heathen
    heathen

After reading a bunch of their literature I do agree that jesus was impaled and not crucified on a cross and the belief that using the cross in worship is a form of idolatry . They seem to lose me on the imortality of the soul issue when clearly the bible does say some people will never know death . I agree that the wicked are put to death and not imprisoned in hell with demons poking them with a pitch fork for eternity. I agree that the bible seems to have error in it no matter who translates it . I agree with the WTBTS that there are only some people resurected to a heavenly existence but not all good people go to rule as kings with christ. I do believe the paradise earth .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit