Divorcing Da Mob...

by marriedtodamob 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hi Mobbie.....................I guess from having been through a divorce myself I can say it won't be easy but...................time does help alot.

Sounds like you've thought this through and you will get plenty of support here.

My thoughts are with you and your sonStay strong and focused.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Bliss

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

((((((((((((((((((((Mobbie)))))))))))))))))))))

Call me. I think you have my number - if not PM me. We need to chat.

Worldlygirl (who also recently dumped a JW loser)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Mobbie girl as hard and as difficult as this will be and is, you are going to make it. I just have this feeling about it. IM me if you see me online, I have a question for you.

Blessings,

Gretchen

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Sorry to hear about what you are going through, but there are some cliches that keeps reappearing in my life that might be appropriate: every problem is an opportunity in disguise; every cloud has a silver lining; no pain no gain; whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger; necessity is the mother of invention; it's always darkest before the dawn; etc.

Whatever tough things happen to a person, they can be used as a springboard for something better. There's always something positive in change, even if it is just change itself.

What you're doing is like surgery. In the long run you will be healthier and stronger for it. Good luck.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Mobbie, I know exactly how you must be feeling now, because 4 years ago, I decided to end my 20 year marriage to an elder......altho, I was NOT an unbeliever. In fact, he got involved with the dubs thru me and my sister, when we were all young teenagers. We basically grew up together. When I hit 40, I just realized that I was not happy and that I needed to make drastic changes.........looking back on it, I'm pretty amazed that I was able to do it and have grown so much personally from being out and on my own. I am happy now. I have a guy in my life who is a "worldly" guy, and he and I have a wonderful relationship. We both agree to disagree about religion. It will be very painful to do this, as you probably are aware, but, it sounds like you are in alot of pain staying in the situation. You won't regret the decision you are making. It just won't get any better with him starting to get back involved with the Dubs. As you know from posting here, we were all miserable when we were Dubs and wouldn't wish that on our worst enemies!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Terri

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

((((Hugs))))

Out of words...

• little1
    little1

I wish you strength in the coming time. It will be tough, and maybe sometimes feel overwhelming, but take one day at a time and you'll come out better in the end. I've been through 2 divorces (I have a faulty picker, obviously) and they were no fun at the time, but I am definitely better off than if I had stayed. Thanks for sharing. Your story makes it easier for me to leave behind the jw ex-boyfriend who broke my heart. The mob almost always seems to win. Hugs to you.

little1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit