Divorcing Da Mob...

by marriedtodamob 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to EVERYONE on this AWESOME board!!!

Yes, as the subject line implies, I have decided to get a divorce. I cannot and will not go through another Christmas like the one I just went through with my 10 yr old son. His tears, my tears, and the absolute hell that we have been through in the last year have shown me I MUST get out ASAP. My husband is not even fully re-assimilated, operational and functional yet, and I can JUST imagine what it is going to be like when he is...

For ANYONE out there reading this who is NOT a JW and is dating or considering marrying an active or non-active JW-

PLEASE RECONSIDER-

PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK-

ASK QUESTIONS-THE MORE THE BETTER-

STAY ON THIS BOARD AND LEARN ALL YOU CAN-THESE ARE FOLKS WHO CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE!

I cannot thank you all enough in advance for your support and encouragement-which I will desperately need as I begin this journey to break away from DA MOB...

Thank you, and I sincerely care for you all!

mobbie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Bless your heart. I'm sorry for the pain you and your son are going through. It does get better, but until it does, please know this is a good and safe place to come. I wish I had more to offer, or a way to make it all better for you both.

Take care.

"It may be raining, but there's a rainbow above you." -- The Eagles, Desperado

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Congratulations on making a very difficult decision. Now is a time more than ever to stay in the moment, aware of a sense of peaceful and warm Being. The mind will easily drown in the story and the suffering that a situation as this can cause. Be still. Be gentle. Feel your breath and rest in it. Take frequent walks in nature. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. j

• Gopher
    Gopher

Good for you and for your son. Life is too short to put up with weird fundamentalist hatred from within your own household. Sometimes people can "agree to disagree" and go on with a relationship based on other things. But more often than not with a JW, they will succumb to their religion's demands, including loyalty to "Jehovah" above and beyond relatives and even marriage mates and children.

Best wishes on the transition, and the grief and stress that will accompany the change.

I can't wait to see your new screen-name later in 2004 -- maybe divorcedfromdamob??

• Garnet
    Garnet

Best wishes for you - we are all here for your support during this time.

(((MarriedtodaMob)))

Garnet

• seven006
    seven006

Mobbie,

I'm sorry to hear this but it is very understandable. That cult wouldn't know real love if it crawled up their nose and bit them on the butt.

Divorce is hard on a kid but it's not near as hard as being raised in a divided house where one of his parents is part of the JW cult.

Good luck and take care,

Dave

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((m2dm))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh, hon...

I've been there (not, thankfully, with any kids). I've been the "unbelieving wife." I have to say, you're doing the right thing. If I had to go through that again, I'd get the quickest divorce possible. I'm sure it will be hard, and it's irritating to add to the JW fiction that it's 'worldly people' who don't make good spouses because they don't 'love Jehovah' ...but you gotta get out.

We're here for you!

• bebu
    bebu

I'm so sorry to hear that things are so bad!

Mobbie, I'm thinking of you today; you're in my prayers. Give yourself a bit of time to heal here, too.

(((((((((((((Mobbie)))))))))))))

bebu

• marriedtodamob
    marriedtodamob

"Greater cyberlove has no man than this...(the JWD board!)"You guys are awesome...thank you so for your kind words of wisdom support and love!!!

I will keep you all posted-you aren't rid of me yet!

blue mobbie (sorry if this comes out blue again-just chalk it up to my mood)

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

Divorce is a hard road in the best of cases, and is not made any better when a "faithful Christian" (JW) is involved. I don't know what kind of man you're dealing with; I'd like to make the best assumptions about him ... but I made the best possible assumptions about wife #2, who was raised in the organization, has been a believer all her life, and is now married to an elder, and she violated many of my assumptions in harshly, painfully negative ways.

We Celts need to stick together. I'm here for ya.

Cruithne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit