How do you overcome SHUNNING after leaving the organization and move on?

by suavojr 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

suavojr, I can't say that I've "overcome" being shunned, but I have learned to accept it and deal with it.

I think it's also important to get some clarity on the situation. For one, I didn't leave my family and friends. I quit attending meetings at the KH and they subsequently left me.

Although I don't like it and definitely wish they would be different, it makes a difference to place the blame for the relationships ending where it belongs, on them.

A few years ago I supposedly had 8 million friends "closer than a brother." Now I know that was never really true. My circle of friends is significantly smaller and two of my own children won't talk to me simply because I don't follow seven small-minded, delusional fools in Brooklyn.

But I know this: the people that are my family and friends now love me for WHO I am, and not WHAT I (pretend to) believe.

Counseling helps. Try it.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    I walked away once for several years and then went back again. Now 5 years later am on verge of fading again. its so difficult when family are in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit