We are giving too much power to the watchtower

by sinboi 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Slow Burn
    Slow Burn

Hello dubstepped,

I hope this doesn't sound creepy, but I often can relate to and agree with most of your posts. We must have had a very similar experience with the Org....

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lol Slow Burn, no worries on being creepy. I think many of us had similar experiences and left with similar views. Creep on man (or lady), feel free to reach out anytime. :)

• sinboi
    sinboi

Uncle Flipper, thanks for your comment, .

I am not only young, I am naive too. I thought it can be solved so easily. Every family has its own circumstances. A solution that works for one family may not work for another.

I learnt another lesson in life : I need to see the world more, understand people more before offering any advice. A solution may work in theory but not work in practice.

I also need to thank you for the kind manner you explain it to me.

To those who are offended by my post, I am sorry. I never intend to offend anyone here. My intentions are good and really thought that it can help you.

I really laugh at myself : I f* a girl once . Go home and wanted to teach my father how to f*! LOL!

• TD
    TD

I agree and disagree with your premise, Sinboi. I wasn't much older than you when I became disillusioned with the JW's. They have no power over me.

Fast forward the clock several decades though (I'm just a little bit older than Flipper) and my aged parents are still firmly in the grip of the cult and I still have to deal with it.

I shudder to think what it will be like to sit through the abomination that passes for a JW funeral service without losing my temper.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Hey man, I don't think anyone is offended, and although naive (which we all were), you're so far ahead of where most of us were at 17. You have a good outlook and you're not wrong about the need to work on ourselves and to be positive and find happiness. Keep it up and you'll have a great life!

• flipper
    flipper

SINBOI- You are welcome my friend. You made a VERY good opening thread, no need to apologize for the words you wrote. You write very well expressed thoughts. Freedom of speech is a good thing and you do it well. You have some really great advice ! It doesn't matter that you are young- you are intelligent and have some great ideas. Keep on expressing them. I don't think you offended anybody here at all.

You know- all of us as EX-JWs , no matter what our age are all on a learning curve after we exit the JW organization. We are all learning together here in how to proceed on with our life after being told what to think for so many years as JW's. We were never told how difficult it could be to make our own decisions after exiting a high control, mind control organization. So hey my friend, don't sweat it- we are all learning together and on our own in how to best move on in life. It's an ongoing process that we will be refining our entire lives most probably. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Slow Burn
    Slow Burn

Rock on Sinboi!

Love your realistic, positive viewpoint. I definitely wish I had 1/10 of your insight when I was 17. Keep doing your thing young brother, you WILL succeed 😀

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Damn, i wish i woke up at 17.

• sinboi
    sinboi

Shit!!!! I know what the wt can say even if I prove myself happy and am not ensnared by the devil after leaving:

"The Devil is using every means to get Jehovah's people out of the organisation. He is shrewd and may choose to leave one or two unscathed so that more in the cong will follow suit. Some of those who left may appear to be happier after leaving. Can anyone be truly happy outside Jehovah's organisation?"

All my effort will be wasted!!!

• sinboi
    sinboi

Is it really true that we will be the loser in this fight???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit