We are giving too much power to the watchtower

by sinboi 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• sinboi
    sinboi

I am just 17. Many of you here are much older than me.

I do feel that offering advice here is like teaching my father how to fuck. But seriously, I do see the problem here. We are focusing more on the problem than the solution.

I have been reading mind power books for quite some time. What we focus on expands. I remember I read of a man battling cancer and finally conquered it. He said that instead of viewing cancer as a big C and he himself as a small ‘i’ , in his mind he was a big ‘I’ and the cancer a small ‘c’. He has thus taken the power away from the cancer.

Over here, I find that we have given too much power to the watchtower. We are reinforcing the idea that we are victims of the watchtower. In this way, we are like saying we cannot do anything about it.

We all agree that the wt is a man-made organization. A man-made org is not formidable. It has its weak points and we can target its weak points.

Our own mind is the most effective weapon against the wt.

For example, being shunned by parents after leaving. What does the wt say about those who left?

They will be ensnared by the devil..they will not be happy… they will be miserable..

What will our parents think if we mess up our lives, turning to drugs and sex and even suicide?

If we are in such as state, won’t we be reinforcing our parents’ belief in the wt?

What if we do the opposite of what the wt say about us?

What if we can show our parents that we are happier after leaving? What if we continue to love and respect them? What if we refrain from doing things that they abhor in front of them? What if we can make them not wanting to shun us themselves?

If they have show you love and concern while you were in, then the only reason they shun you is because of the wt. If you can act in such a way that they personally do not want to shun you, they may begin their own research on shunning and may come to conclusion contrary to what the wt say.

I forgot where I read it. An elder brought her injured df’d daughter back home, keeping her in hiding and willing to accept consequences for his actions. Love can overpower wt doctrines.

My parents are still shunning me on the outside but deep inside, I know they still love and concern about me. The shunning part is improving. They even bought me new shirt and shoes. Last week my mom even tidied up my room while I was out.

Remember YOU are bigger than watchtower.

*I have changed my avatar. The old avatar has a stupid, stupid ‘waiting on jehovah’ look. The new avator is more awake and questioning…

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

I would say the watchtower is more like a lion that stays in its cage. Your friends and family are in the cage as well. You have to convince them to come out without upsetting the lion.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I am just 17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZMQU4c1pEg

Just me having a little fun.

I have been reading mind power books for quite some time. What we focus on expands. I remember I read of a man battling cancer and finally conquered it. He said that instead of viewing cancer as a big C and he himself as a small ‘i’ , in his mind he was a big ‘I’ and the cancer a small ‘c’. He has thus taken the power away from the cancer.

Forgive me if I remain sceptical about this.

Our own mind is the most effective weapon against the wt.

To a degree, against many a concept.

What if we can show our parents that we are happier after leaving? What if we continue to love and respect them? What if we refrain from doing things that they abhor in front of them? What if we can make them not wanting to shun us themselves?

The WBT$ mind control has a very negative effect on anyone that lets them into their minds. The WBT$ slaps labels onto us to ensure the Jobo feels that there is no further need for discussion.

Remember YOU are bigger than watchtower.

Yes, it's getting smaller like the publication of the same name.I hope you can get where you need to with your parents. I hope this for all who have this plight with loved ones.

Stay strong. Stay young.

• sinboi
    sinboi

Punk, thanks for that song, I heard it before at my relative place. Will go youtube later and listen to some other Beatles songs. "She was just 17, You know what I mean.."

Forgive me if I remain sceptical about this.

It's alright, Punk. I have left the org for nearly a year. I have met real people.

Real people who thinks. Real people who have their unique way of thinking that differs from mine. Not like those people inside who don't think and left their thinking to the fds.

But don't you agree that if we mess up our lives after we left, we are reinforcing what the wt says. But if we can show them that we can be happier and better after we left, the result will be different?

I wrote this because I came across some chaps who mess up their lives after leaving. I don't understand why the hack they left in the first place. Going from slavery to the wt to slavery to drugs!

• Slow Burn
    Slow Burn

Hi Sinboi,

I'm glad you are remaining positive in your mental outlook. Unfortunately, keeping and maintaining a positive attitude is a small part of a big problem.

For example, when your friends and family shun you because of being strong-armed by the Org, all the positive attitude in the world on your part will not change their attitude towards you because they are under cult control.

That being said, I commend you young brother for your enthusiasm!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    sinny - But don't you agree that if we mess up our lives after we left, we are reinforcing what the wt says.

Yes. I agree with you.

But if we can show them that we can be happier and better after we left, the result will be different?

I'd say both yes and no - depending.

The 'no' is because many Jobos are so programmed by the filthy, disgusting WBT$ corporation, that they cannot accept that we are happier. That would put the words of their leaders, the governing body, in a bad light as being incorrect. The hive mind protects those vile scam artists at the top.

'Yes', because I bally well hope so.

• ballistic
    ballistic

sinboi, you are on a forum ultimately about Jehovah's Witnesses. Yes you are correct, you give them too much power over you.

• sinboi
    sinboi
    The WBT$ mind control has a very negative effect on anyone that lets them into their minds. The WBT$ slaps labels onto us to ensure the Jobo feels that there is no further need for discussion.

Yes, that is exactly the point I am driving at. I know it because I have tried. The moment you tried to tell why you want to leave, they will shut their mind's door. My dad even have to make an agreement with me. As long as I don't try to influence their beliefs, he won't chase me out.

So talking them out is not the solution. But I am not a person who will give up easily.

Action speaks louder than words. I want to prove to them that Devil could not ensnare me. I want to prove to them that I can be happy even after I left. It seems like it is working!

• flipper
    flipper

SINBOI- Very great points that you make. Some of us " older ones " as you mentioned lol ( I'm 58 yrs.old by the way ) who exited the cult many years ago ( 15 years in my case ) HAVE done many of the things you've recommended in your opening thread.

Many of us did show love to our JW parents after we left. They did see that we were happier, and we didn't do anything that might be " abhorrent " as you stated in front of them. Many here on the board are doing the things you say to do- and although you're right- it DOES help to some extent , still our JW relatives are under the influence of WT cult mind control where the power of WT influence is sometimes stronger on them than just our good example.

I've got 3 older siblings who are still in the JW cult and they were annoyed at me when I stood up on behalf on my JW mom when she was put into a care facility. I advocated home care so she could stay in her home , they pushed to institutionalize her . My JW mom appreciated my efforts though, but my efforts to make her life easier were overpowered by my other JW family that wanted her in a care facility.

Point I'm making is SINBOI- is that many JW's are actually a hell of a lot meaner and unkind than people out in the real world. They've lost their mental ability to feel true compassion , so if they do not respond to or appreciate our kindness, sometimes we shouldn't be surprised. I've lived this , so I know through experience.

That being said, I still agree that your way you suggest is the best way to be. Because you never know when one of our JW relatives hard heart will start melting and thawing the ice away to become the kind of relative and/or friend that we wanted in the first place. It takes time, cannot be forced, as our JW relatives have to see it themselves personally. But as you say we can set a good example for them and hope that someday it causes them to re-think how they've been trained or duped by the WT Society to hate us. Good thread, thanks for posting ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Why do you think the people here are leading bad lives? Most of us are very happy. You can be happy and still wish to get your family out of the cult, or wish to tear it down. The cult does have power. It ripped away years from us and experiences that impacts people even after they leave. It controls our families. Those are not happy things. What we can do is rise above, not let those things dominate our lives, but you have to acknowledge both sides. It doesn't mean that we aren't happy. You have to give the past its due though. This is where we do. This is where we process it and show it for what it is. We find happiness even through that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit