What did you GIVE for Christmas?

by Tatiana 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I'll tell what I GOT on the other thread later, but I'd like to know what you all GAVE this year.

I gave my oldest son a set of Chinese Exercise Balls in a beautiful silk box. He needs to relax!!.

My next to oldest son-- a nice shaver set, and a deluxe coffee thermos with a velvet carrying case. He is a coffee fanatic. His wife got a bath set. Loofah sponge, bath oil, beads, gel, pumice stone, and lotion. His 8 mo. old daughter three sets of clothes. A reindeer toy to sleep with, and a "first Christmas" ornament.

My other son got a Finlandia vodka gift set with the most beautiful crystal glasses. I got his girlfriend a sterling silver cross pendant with a blue sapphire in the center. My grandson, an Oneida silver plated curved baby spoon. A jeans outfit. A Rudolph toy pillow. And a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament.

I gave my daughter an elephant glass-topped plant stand she'd been wanting. And sterling silver earrings. A giant candle and Christmas candle base. Hand painted.

I gave my youngest sons a starter fish aquarium. A foosball table. Bathrobes. XBox games. Night vision goggles. Art supplies. Sterling silver necklaces and bracelets. DVD's. A science project crystal experiment. A watch. A joggable CD player for each. A football. Official NFL pigskin. And the usual popcorn tin!!

My grandkids got Lego monster sets. A wooden toy train. Clothes. A flying helicopter for the 9 year old. Santa candy. A purse and all kinds of little girl makeup for the 7 year old twin. And a 10k gold neclace that says "ANGEL."

For the 16 year old girl, I gave a neon hanging curtain she'd asked for last year. Clothes. A silver necklace that says "Princess,"(she thinks she is one) and two silver bracelets. A huge smiley face bank filled with candy. She LOVES smiley faces.

My sig other got a new 5 CD stereo to replace the one he broke! Pants and sweater. Jewelry. A new shaver. A beer stein he saw and wanted. A model sailboat he saw and wanted. I gave his mom a pair of gold and freshwater pearl earrings, and a crystal Nativity scene. I gave his sister a necklace that says, "Blessed." (She's religious) Her and her husband matching mugs and gormet hot chocolate. His nephews got legos and Santa candy. His niece got 10k gold hoop earrings.

I gave my niece a garnet and silver earring and neclace set. Fanny May candy. (She can't buy it in SC) Her daughter a Precious Moments collectable. And a bear tree ornament.

My dad got a carved wood ornament that says "I Love You, Dad. And a lighthouse collectable. He loves them. His girlfriend got a silverplated canister filled with Chritmas scented bath beads.

I gave my stepmom a puzzle. (She's a fanatic) A sterling silver frog necklace. She loves frogs. A bread warmer (She loves bread!!) A carved bear ornament. (She loves bears!) My stepdad got a handmade Beatrix Potter birdhouse to add to his collection. He is a birdwatcher, and photographer. And an antique Christmas ornament. Also, a book he wanted.

I gave my youngest son's grandmother a carved stone kitchen clock.

And I have windchaser's gifts under the tree. She was supposed to spend today with me, but her sister got very ill. So, she's spending Christmas in the ER with her. If you'd like to email her and send love, please do. She's exhausted and would love to hear from us.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Love...

April

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

The short list of my gifts to others:

Leather jackets, books, jalelpano jelly, health items, chocolates, toiletries, blankets...

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I gave books, jeans, tops, sweaters, blouse, suede shirt, slacks, suede 3/4 coat, full length leather coat, CD+G's, gold-plated flatware.

Frannie B

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

April!!!

I gave what I have... love. I am blessed with knowing two of the finest people on earth here, and they invited me over today for Christmas dinner.

Joe and Sheri have a very sweet family, and Joe's mom - almost 90 years young, is still a character.

I treasure their friendship.

The trinkets that I had to give them paled in comparison to their kindnesses that they bestow on me.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Swan
    Swan

I only gave gifts that sucked! Sometimes I think I will never get the hang of celebrating Christmas. I'm always going to be handicapped by my dub upbringing.

Tammy

• alias
    alias

I gave my neighbor a really cool book and small handmade knick knack. I wrapped both up into a bundle and stuck it in her door a couple of days ago. She probably fell over when she saw it, as it was my first neighborly holiday gifting.

I didn't get a thing from anyone. But that's okay... there's more happiness in giving than in receiving.

:)

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    I gave what I have... love. I am blessed with knowing two of the finest people on earth here, and they invited me over today for Christmas dinner.

I treasure their friendship.

The trinkets that I had to give them paled in comparison to their kindnesses that they bestow on me.

(((((((((Jim))))))))

I was blessed to have a little money this year. There have been many times I haven't. At those times I make things, or cook special things and put it in decorated Christmas tins, or I sew something for someone. One year my boys didn't have any money, and they gave me a booklet of coupons. Good for things like doing dishes, breakfast in bed, washing loads of clothes. And I gave them coupons for one free day of TV. One night of eating whatever they wanted to eat. Even if it was cake!!

I just thought it would be nice to tell what you gave, especially if it was LOVE, or a plant you grew yourself, or a coupon book. Or something that was truly special to a certain person.

Tammy...don't feel that way. Just the "thought" of giving a gift to someone is good. I didn't get very much this year, but I never care about that. It makes me feel so good to see my kids, and my relatives, and even strangers (like my next door neighbor) be surprised and happy. It's all about the "giving" to me.

Love...

April

• razorMind
    razorMind

What did we give? Let's see.....

Gave to my hubby--a package of cologne, bag of nice work socks, some good sturdy work shoes, the X-men DVD. I got everything on good sale prices and/or on clearance.

Gave to hubby's mom--a electric letter opener.

Gave to sis-in-law #1--a hand-held paper shredder, really neat gadget.

Gave to sis-in-law#2--a package of storage containers that you vacuum-seal yourself, using your own vacuum cleaner.

Gave to bro-in-law--some type of wrench/screwdriver thingy set.

Gave to my sister--A book "The Ways of My Grandmothers" by Beverly Hungry Wolf. We both love books by and about Native Americans. I scored a used copy in excellent condition from Amazon.com for only 98 cents. I got her a sweater also from a catalog company; I have a credit account there.

Gave to the kids--1) a bouncy ball thing w/handles, 2) a crazy looking X-men action figure, 3) a Family Feud board game, 4) a basketball hoop you attach to your wastebasket that utters a crowd cheer when you score a basket, 5) a Spiderman doo-hickey you attach to your wrist and shoot out little discs at the flick of a finger. Five kids, one present each.

We still have to get something for my sister's husband and her daughter. We didn't see them on Xmas day, so it should be easy to find them something at the post-holiday sales.

We didn't have any money this year. Believe me when I say that we found these items at rock-bottom prices--as in less than $5/less than $10 each (give or take a few extra dollars for one or two items).

I love Family Dollar and Dollar General. And the used-item section at Amazon.com, too.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Old man Green got: an Xbox game, DVD and CD.

Liam - Gaint transformer, spiderman web-blaster (huge hints for weeks before about this !) , post office set, Lego, games and lots of little bits and bobs.

Dylan - Bob the builder playset, noddy garage and noddy character cars (he was made up with these), little transformer, games and various bits and pieces.

And an X-box game for both of them to share.

Nephew - Stickle bricks

Various things for friends

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

I have *so* much fun picking out presents for my family and knowing it's something they'll love. Let's see...

Grandma: A double fleece tied blanket I made for her as shown below

Grandpa: 6 solar lights to line the driveway with

Both Grandma and Grandpa: A silver cross centered with an amethyst that hangs on a stand.

Mom: A fiberoptic 4 ft. Santa Clause that she wanted and a DVD.

Step-dad: A gift certificate for a round of golf (cart included) at the nicest course in the area.

Brother: DVD player and 4 DVDs.

Other Brother: Homer Simpson dressed as Santa that you press a button and he sings carols.

Sister-in-law: A double fleece tied throw similar to the one for my grandma, but with a Winnie the Pooh print.

Brother and Sister-in-law: DVD player and outdoor Christmas decorations.

Oldest niece: Large doll head and shoulders that you can style the hair on and apply make-up, 3-D gel markers, 2 hand-held games (both supposed to help in math where she's struggling), a bottle of 'A Gazillion Bubbles', a book called 'Auntie Clause', a spray art temporary tatoo thingy, a computer game that will also help with her math, and 2 other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

Nephew: Sock-n-bop toy, electronic toy that tells you about dinosaurs (which he loves), sled, 3-D gel markers, a bottle of 'A Gazilion Bubbles', a drum set (my brother is thrilled lol), a Scooby Doo book where some of the words are replaced with picture so he can help you read the story, and 3 other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

Youngest niece: An elephant seat just her size that makes elephant sounds when you press it's ear, a Leapfrog learning drum, a music set, a touch-n-feel book, a shape sorter that plays music when you get a shape through the right hole, a circus train type of thing that makes noise and such when you pull it, a stuffed Simba doll (from the Lion King) that talks to you and wags it's tail (she was entranced with it when we were walking through the toy store even though it's really too old for her), a building block bee that you can take apart and then it lights up when you put it back together correctly, and 2 other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

My cousin whose name I drew: The director's cut special edition of True Romance unedited on DVD.

All my single cousins and all my married cousins' kids: The cutest stuffed monkeys that have velcro on their hands so you can hang them around your neck or elsewhere ;)

It was a lot of fun seeing everyone open their presents.

Happy Holidays, everyone,

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit