did you ever miss the memorial?

by freelife 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

I only studied with them for a couple of years. I made it to one memorial, then missed the next one, because by then, I was starting to have serious doubts.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Nope never, didn't matter if you were practically on your death bed ill you were going!

• cypher50
    cypher50

I never missed one...even after being inactive for 3 years I still made the Memorial every year. In 2004, though, I won't attend...first time in my whole life that I will not make the Memorial. I just found it strange how only those who were 'anointed' were allowed to partake...even after the JWs explanations, I could never get that down...

• shamus
    shamus

I made it to every one! Good for me!

I have not returned since I left... my last meeting was the memorial. I got the nineth degree from this idiot elder, and I walked out and only went back to drop off 2 boxes of used WT books and garbage.

I'll never go back.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I missed one in the 25 years I attended the meetings. I had a very bad case of the flu, and my mum made me stay home by myself. I felt so guilty for missing it. After I started divorce proceedings, I never set foot in a KH again. Don't miss it in the least.

• Maverick
    Maverick

The last two. And glad of it. Why we let the J-dud Masters show us our place and rub it right under our noses I'll never understand. We might as well as had a sign around our necks saying, "Beat me some more, I like it!" The Memorial is just another way they show us how low and worthless we are and how fortunate we are to have the Organization to help us and be our savior! They play lip service to Jesus this one day a year and criticize Christmas! What a load of crap! Maverick

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Never. Missing the memorial for jw is like committing the unforgivable sin.

wannaexit

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yep. Yep. Yep. I was in the hospital more than once. People actually had the nerve to tell me I should have found a way to put the hospital stay off. Then after I became inactive I eventually started to miss them.

The memorial just never seemed to sink in like it should have. I never could seem to focus on the talk, etc.

Heather

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Once I had a very serious Staff infection in my leg and I could not wear any pants or shorts because it ran all the way up my thigh.

Maybe you should have worn a sarong or a kilt - would've been great to see how the elders reacted!

• Agent Smith
    Agent Smith

Never missed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit