Coincidence?

by MegaDude 25 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Something I find a bit strange keeps happening to me. I run into Jehovah's Witnesses and have an opportunity to say something to hopefully make them think. This has happened about eight times in the last 14 months.

At first this happened on vacation in California. I was staying with my aunt in her Los Angeles condo and was walking out to the pool for a morning jacuzzi and ran into two JW's selling magazines. I ended up witnessing to them for about 20 minutes before they got scared and ran.

Three times while working in my front yard this year I ran into JWs working my street. Not such an unusual thing even though I don't work out in my yard much. And my house is marked with a big fat A for Apostate on the territory card.

One of those times was the Spanish congregation sending out publishers looking for Spanish-speakly-only people. One of those times was a pioneer I called out to when she was witnessing to my neighbor across the street. I posted about that encounter here.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/55029/1.ashx

A man who cut my hair about five months ago was a former JW. He told me his entire bitter story about how being a JW cheated him out of a professional baseball career. I told him about this board but don't know if he ever came here.

Here's where it gets a bit strange.

I needed help getting a court transcript of an assault trial out. I work as a court reporter in the freelance field and needed help getting it done in the correct format. I drove to the Fort Worth courthouse and randomly began knocking on court reporters' doors seeing if I could find someone who could help me. I met a nice court reporter named Valerie. Turns out she was studying with the JWs. We ended up talking three hours about the Watchtower.

Last week I went to eat at Taco Cabana, a Mexican food restaurant, and it was packed because it's the holidays and a lot of people are eating out. There was one table open and I took it. While I was eating I noticed right next to me, arm's-length away, a JW having a conversation with her workmate about why they don't believe in blood transfusions. I was a bit incredulous. Again? I finished my lunch, stood up and said, "Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt your conversation. (Then I looked at the potential convert) The Jehovah's Witnesses are a destructive religious cult. I could introduce you to many people who have been harmed by this group. Before you join, please check the Internet to see the other side of them." Then I walked away.

This morning I was working out on the treadmill. There were many machines open but this lady picks the machine next to me. Then she puts an Awake magazine on the console of the treadmill to read while she works out. I was incredulous again, but said, "Hey, are you a Jehovah's Witness?" She was and was really friendly. I didn't reveal myself but we had a nice 30-minute conversation about the problems of the Watchtower and other organized religions in general.

Weird. Why can't I keep running into the Budweiser Bikini Team? lol.

• Xena
    Xena

I think God is using you Mega....you think I could get him to loan you to me????

Seriously though I think it's great you keep runing into these people and that you have the guts to speak up! I still believe everything happens for a reason....it's nice to think maybe you helped some people to open their minds a bit, isn't it?

• Valis
    Valis

Megs..perhaps you are like a dub magnet..Megadude the Great Attractor....has a nice ring to it.

Sincerely,

DDistrict Overbeer

• freedom96
    freedom96

Well, obviously God is putting these people in front of you to get witnessed to. Don't you think??

• Xena
    Xena

ooohhhh Valis how about "Megadude - God's Magnificant Tool"

lol remember to spank me at the next fest Jerry

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I think that God is working against the cult. Look for more encounters like this, from everyone!

CZAR

• Princess
    Princess

I'm jealous Mega. We keep running into Amway people who want to show us "the plan".

Seriously, good job. Keep it up, you've probably saved many people.

• truth1
    truth1

It's no coincidence. My husband constantly runs into them at work, everywhere and he gets them to really think.

Last month he uncovered several, several lies to my mother, a JW for 39 years, spoke with her for 14 whole hours while we were vacationing in her state. I'm sure she counted the time. Anyway, he had her dreaming about the stuff because he was proving stuff in her own bible. Get this: she and my sister (pioneer, who previously was the sl***t of the century) sent over two elders to talk with him the next day. After he was finished with them, they scrammed into oblivion and never looked back and did not care how much longer he was visiting. It really scared the heck out of them. It's definitely no coincidence.

BTW, the elder they sent over was THE elder EVERYONE went to for official JW business, i.e., newspaper and media responses.

It was great!!!!!

**If the "truth" changed, what is it now? A big fat lie!

• Mulan
    Mulan

Before my flight home from Panama City, I was outside the airport, chatting with Joy and Steve's daughter, who works at the airport, and a woman was standing nearby. She heard us talking, and told us she was raised as a JW, so I told her why we had been there, for the weekend freedom fest. Amazingly, she seemed offended. But get this, she was going home to get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and was about 58, like me and had not ever gotten baptized, but she "believes it's the truth". I told her I had irrefutable proof that it wasn't the truth, and had also been raised in it, but hadn't learned the real truth until recent years. I would be glad to share it with her if she wan't to know some things. She didn't. Her elderly mother is a JW, and was giving them some property to retire on in Panama City, and she didn't want to know anything. I wanted to ask her if she was sticking her fingers in her ears.

Good job, Jerry.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Man, you're like an apostate missionary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit